We were fortunate enough to spend 3 nights on Chumbe Eco Island recently. If you love nature and want to escape the crowds this is the place to go! The staff were really wonderful and made us feel very much at home and special. Food was great. Snorkeling was awesome. The dhow trip was amazing. Accommodation is 'eco' but still comfortable and well organized. We really enjoyed the open feel of the bungalow with the sounds of the sea and forest ever present. Here you can forget about everything and just relax and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar