We stayed on Chumbe Island for 4 nights after a 10-day safari and it was a wonderful way to relax after the safari. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The island and the reef are breathtakingly beautiful. The bungalows, although basic, are very comfortable and clean. The food is also amazing, especially the lunches. And, on our last night, Hassan and the staff prepared a wonderful private, candlelit dinner for us. We were very sad to leave Chumbe Island and hope to be able to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar