“Not worth it”

$88.00*
and up
Dolphins and Jozani Forest Reserve Wildlife Tour from Zanzibar
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Sorry to say, event thought the locals try hard I commend their effort, but perhaps a waste of time and money for me.

Only 2 types of monkies and 1 trillion mozzies does not ad up. I suffered for two days after to heal the swolen ankles and knees from the mosquito bites!

3  Thank Jacques C

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Beautiful foliage and very peaceful walking through the jungle landscape. In one area we only saw the endemic red colobus from afar swinging and playing in the trees. Was fun to watch but hard to photograph. We later walked to a different area where the monkeys were on the ground foraging and completely unaware of all the "humans" around them within arms reach. I just wanted to reach out and pet them, but I didn't. Great photo opportunities and a blast watching their behavior as there were some young ones in the troop. Made for a nice afternoon trip - worth the time we took out of our schedule. We had a tour guide take us, which I advise as he knew where to go. The tour cost us but there wasn't a specific fee into the park, that I could tell anyways.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

It is too far(1.5 hours from Nungwi) and too expensive for the poor expirience you get. If you still want it rent a car and park your car on the main road you can see the monkeys.

2  Thank Peleg G
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Learn about the only national park on Zanzibar from the excellent and informative guides. See the different types of forest, exotic trees, and of course take good close up photo's of the Red Colobus Monkey! Well worth a visit, easy to reach from Stonetown!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed a brief hike through Jozani National Park and really enjoyed watching numerous Vervet monkey families play around