“Diving or snorkelling go with Scubafish”

Scubafish Zanzibar Ltd
Ranked #3 of 122 Tours in Zanzibar Island
Milan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Diving or snorkelling go with Scubafish”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Scubafish is a new company that offers great diving and snorkelling at Mnemba Island. My wife enjoyed snorkelling with their guides and she found them very professional always available to show and explain everything. I had four dives and everything was perfect.
All the staff is Very nice, the boat Caroline is confortabile and lot of food is offered.
Do not miss to spend some days with them even for snorkelling only.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Friendly, informative, and safe diving experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As it was the first diving experience in my life, I was really nervous. At first, I visited their reception to check their services and safety. The sweet owner Yong Mi, took time to explain their services in a very professional and friendly way. I went back to register on the following day. This time, a very smily reception boy Hassan took care of my registration. He answered all my additional requirements, such as pick-ups in the morning and a shuttle bus back to Stone Town after the dive. He arranged my pool session on the first day, and a dive at Mnemba island on the second day. He assured me again the safety and fun, and it proved to be all true with my first diving experience with ScubaFish!
An instructor Ali patiently taught me about the equipment, set me up, and took me in to the pool. He made sure I understood all the safety precautions, and made me practice until I felt comfortable in the pool.
On the second day, they took us by boat to a diving site near Mnemba island, and I had a semi-private instructor, Frank. Again, he was very patient and profesional under water checking frequently about my ears and equipment. He led me around beautiful coral reefs and cliffs, and pointed out many beautiful creatures hiding under the coral and sands. We also saw Lion Fish, Blue-spotted stingray, octopus, some huge fish, many colorful fish, and it was soooooo much fun!! I decided to take the second dive after light snacks on the boat, and the crew set my equipment up right away, and Frank took me to a different dive spot. By then, I got used to swimming with all these equipment and breathing through the regulator, so, I enjoyed the fish and corals even more!
I highly recommend ScubaFish. They are super friendly, safe, fun and profesional. I thank the team for providing me my memorable first dive!

Gillingham, Kent, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant team, first class experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

During our recent holiday in Zanzibar my boyfriend and I did two days diving (4 dives) with the team at Scuba Fish. This was a really professional outfit and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone wanting to dive around Mnemba Atoll. The staff were hugely experienced and knowledgeable and nothing proved too much trouble. As always with diving, safety is paramount. This was proven when one of our days diving was rescheduled due to high winds and concerns about going out in the boat. However, we were kept informed about the weather for the next day, and were suggested alternatives for what we could do for that day (non-diving related and the team weren’t making anything out of their recommendations).

The kit we used was of a high quality and there was enough choice to cater for everyone in the group. The dive sites and local knowledge of the instructor and dive masters was superb and every effort was made for us to experience as much of the underwater world as was possible.

Refreshments and water were provided between dives (essential in the heat), and this was enjoyed during a leisurely chat about what we had seen and where we would be going next.

Post dive, the staff in the shop helped up write up and stamp our log books and provided additional information about the fish and marine life nearby.

We enjoyed our experience so much that we are planning to go back and dive with the team again and combine this with some specialist courses to progress our diving careers.

Thanks to everyone at Scuba Fish for making our dives with you truly amazing – can’t wait for the next ones.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

What a phenomenal company. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, equipment in great condition, beautiful dive sites - what a fantastic day out! Would highly recommend Scubafish and I would definitely make them my first choice when I go back to Zanzibar!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving and great Dive Centre”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks in Zanzibar and got to dive with Scubafish on 4 days.

I am AOW qualified with 70+ dives. The centre is layed out well with a warm welcome when you arrive. Their equipment looked in very good condition, I took my own gear but my friends who I dived with on the first two days used the centre's equipment with no issues. They let me clean my equipment with their own which allowed me to see the care they took looking after thier own equipment.

The dive boat was called Caroline and was well run, the snacks between dives were great and so was the spiced tea.

The Diving was all on the mnenba marine reserve, if the tide was high enough you got the boat from the beach 10m from the Dive Centre, if not it was a 30 minute drive to the boat (bit bumpy to say the least!).

I got to dive on 7 different sites, I repeated 1 dive at the Aquarium. The variety of fish at all sites was really impressive, I say every type of Angel fish, Butterfly fish and tang (except for Yellow tangs) that I have ever seen plus plenty of others I had never seen before. Moorish Idol's, clownfish, Triggers and damsels were every where. We had a great encounter with a White Tip Reef Shark no more than 10m away, it was about 1.5m long. We also saw Turtles, moray eels and Octupus. Plenty of soft and hard corals.

We dived in small groups 1 guide with 2-3 divers, on my last day they put on an extra guide for me (they did this without me asking) so we could do a slightly deeper dive (30m). I dived with Jessy, Ali and Frankie all great guys who handled the diving very professionally.

Overall this was one of the best holiday diving experinces I have had, I would really recommend Scubafish to anyone who wanted to dive whilst on holiday in Zanzibar.

Best wishes to Yong and her team, look forward to diving with you again hopefully in 2014.

Visited December 2012