We stayed at Zanzi Resort for 5 days at the beginning of November. The reviews were right about this place - ultimate relaxation with luxury facilities in the middle of nowhere! The staff at Zanzi resort are very hospitable and extremely friendly!
Some Facts: 30 minutes from Stone Town
- Breakfast and Dinner included in Half Board (dinner is usually a choice of 2 entrees plus appy and dessert), Lunch menu is extra and quite limited but food was decent.
- Resort is located in between 2 army camps - so quite remote and protected but could hear some noise at times from our villa on the outer edge.
- We used a tour guy/taxi driver named Mr. Zanzibar who was excellent!
Zanzi offers water shoes, kayaks, snorkel gear - all of which we used!
There were only a few other couples staying at the resort who we sometimes saw swimming or at the restaurant, other than that - we felt we had the place to ourselves at times!
We had meals in our villa, at the restaurant, and even had a lobster dinner down by our private beach - it was amazing!!!
We especially loved coming into a clean, cool villa and not having to worry about bugs or mosquito's inside! Although - many lizards and centipedes outside the property - it is nature!!!
After researching many resorts in Zanzibar - we are SO happy we went with Zanzi Resort, however we definitely recommend spending a couple days in Stone Town before to take in the culture - that was well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzi Resort is an elegant and charming private hotel situated on the shore of the Indian Ocean, 20 km from the historic town of Stone Town and 25 minutes from the international airport. Seven large and luxurious villas, offering an intimate environment, are perfectly equipped and finished with an artistic touch, as is the restaurant and SPA. The outside of each villa features a large private pool with a counter current/ hydrotherapy element, patio, shower, gazebo draped in a mosquito net, a lush tropical garden and private path leading to a secluded beach on the Ocean. ZanziResort's African Eco Villas are made of local materials like wood and clay. They are designed in african spirit with all luxury amenities. Villas have one big room and bathroom. Outside each villas has relax area. Close to those villas there is a big swimming pool. A personal butler takes care of our guests and fulfills their needs. The resort, spreading over six hectares of astonishing garden, along with its in-house restaurant and SPA, was designed in a romantic style, ensuring a sense of profound intimacy. Our refined and carefully chosen menu will satisfy the most demanding palates. Guests can have their breakfast, lunch or dinner either in the restaurant, in the privacy of their villas or on the beach. We offer international cuisine, fresh fish and seafood, all with organic vegetables and spices picked from our own Eco-plantation. A coral reef lies 80 metres from the shore. We offer an interesting package of sports activities and island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Zanzi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.