See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff and very supportive owner Jacob. The chief made a great food every day. We also enjoyed the chistmas dinner, barman Davis always created a great and delicious coctails for us so the time here was relaxing and I charged my energy back.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here

Very run down seemed to be the only people there. VERY depressing hotel. Out of there rooms in two showers were not working!!! On top of it the staff was very very unfriendly when we complained. I can not recommend it at all.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night as part of tour group. Went for lunch and was only table in restaurant. Waitress was rude and unhelpful (rolling her eyes when asking questions about the menu). Food arrived and two meals had shards of glass in vegetable samosas (after we had eaten). We did not feel welcome at Ocean View!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank John T
Reviewed May 6, 2017

In stayed in Room 4 during a business travel to Zanzibar last week - 27th to 29th April. Found a dead lizard in the mosquito net and then a worm which looked like a small snake on the floor. The shower was rusty and the beds we extremely too hard. I did not enjoy any of the meals I had in the restaurant. The site of the hotel is beautiful though. The management of the hotel need to do more to improve the standard of the rooms and the food

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor and over looking the ocean have a great view
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We arrived the place late at night and the staff was quite reluctant to show us the rooms etc. The facility has a very beautiful location, garden and decoration but the rooms are too far from the reception. In my room the internet, hot water and plugs were not working! The breakfast was so weak, also we did not see it either on menu or on table, just threw a sharp guess and ordered... These consist almost the whole services what we pay for, no? As the hotel did not serve what we paid for, we changed the hotel in the next day! Now I am staying in a much cleaner, newer, fancier, happier and more beautiful place with a $20 cheaper price! After seeing the better options, I don't recommend this place ;/

Date of stay: May 2017