“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I can't recall the young man's name who gave us the tour, but he was excellent and great fun to be with. We learned so much about the spice trade and the spices that have made Zanzibar so famous throughout history. We completely enjoyed it. We were there in 2011 not March 2012.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank NYJOC

Muscat, Oman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Zanzibar Butterfly Center. I specially liked the variety, the colors and the butterfly collection. I took nice pictures. The place needs more financial support and could do with more visibility and exposure...

Visited January 2013
1 Thank PhilippeGeorgiou
Jarrahdale, W.A.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A great little centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our time here. The guide was very friendly and most informative. A big plus is how this involves the local community.

I would recommend this without hesitation.

1 Thank KeithMac
Yellowknife, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing project!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Zanzibar Butterfly Centre was one of my favorite stops on the island. It is so beautiful and serene, and our guide was extremely knowledgable. I had totally forgotten all that I learned about butterflies in elementary school, it was a great reminder! So interesting. A very worthwhile project and cause, the Centre helps out surrounding villagers and farmers and creates employment and support for them.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Laura A
Cambridge, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really lovely and worthwhile project”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Really interesting project - informative about the butterflies, but the real strength of this is the fact that it is such a worthwhile community project.

Visited December 2012