“Only Jellystone we will not revisit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Hudson
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines
Albany
“Only Jellystone we will not revisit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Every year my husband and I take our children to a Jellystone park, we have been to 7 in total, two years ago we went to this Jellystone. Not only were the owners rude but they charged my daughter twice as much for a table cloth that was stamped on the item. Another time, they took my Debit card to ring up purchases and then denied that it was taken until finally I reached behind the counter and grabbed it myself. The 'river' that they claim to have that you can fish at is actually a little puddle, and had nearly any water in it at all... I guess this could change if it rained more, but doubtful. The activities were usually the best part, if they ran, a few times they decided not to run them becuase they felt there was not enough participation. It is a good location and there pool has nice lights at night, but being that the service was poor and there is little to do at the park itself, we will not revisit this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Zanneykpn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Selkirk, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We are a family of five, different age ranges and have been visiting Paradise Pines every year since 2001 and it is our very favorite place to stay! There are things to do for all of us, whether spending time on tubes in the river, swimming at the pool, riding bikes, ceramics, dances, activities and it is SO great to have the snack bar and store on premises- very convenient!! The older kids also enjoy when there is paint ball and helping with the activities- and for our smaller child, there are 3 playgrounds to choose from and he loves to play on the big ship and big castle! We will continue to visit every year, for many years to come!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lisa j
Chestertown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Okay, we spent a weekend celebrating my two daughters birthdays. Two sites cost $272 for two nights (the most I have ever paid for camping by far) and that only covered your site and use of bathrooms and swimming pool. Then, you have to purchase an "activity band" at $16 a day per child (no minimum age) for your kids to use the rock mining, train, miniture golf and bouncy pillow (there is a duration of stay band which didn't save us any money in our weekend stay). In addition, day visitors have to pay $15 per person, not vehicle, to spend the day at your site ($16 if you want to use the previously mentioned activites) and this again does not have a minimum age. After some discusion with the campground resevationist, she waved the $15 fee for my friends 3 month old.

Now, as for the operation of the campground... Horribly disorganized! We stayed at the end of July, which is well into the camping season, to still be running so choppy. I was bounced all over when trying to set up "Yogi" to come to our site for the birthday package. It ended up not happening. They asked us to come to the dance party and yogi could do a special dance with the girls and they would announce it at 8:15pm. We got there at 7:30 to find out they already announced my girls... In fairness, they didn't redo it and my girls got their dance.

My only other complaint would be that none of the employees (except the train driver) seemed to even want to be there. They were barely polite...

In the end, my kids and their friends had a wonderfully fun and busy weekend and that's what matters, but I took lots of pictures for their scrapbook because, we will not be returning to this campground again. I will stick with state campgrounds for ALOT less money and chaos...

4 Thank valekthekidd4

Travelers are raving about these North Hudson hotels

Waverly, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I did not read reviews before we went. After complaining to neighbor campers..they mentioned the negative reviews. Let me tell you, they are well deserved. I will start with the cabins. They are so close together that there is no where for the kids to play without being in the road. The beds are 3 inches of foam covered in plastic. It was miserable sleeping on them. There were cobwebs in the corners and the shower was gross. They didn't even provide a bath mat..had to run to the store and buy one. On to the campground itself. There are alot of activities for kids and they enjoyed them. However, they are not putting any money back into the place. The pool decking/carpet is worn and tattered..the pools themselves are just old. Some of the pedal cars need to be replaced. The putput golf holes were in disrepair..really sad looking. The gym mining was fun for the kids. And last but not least..the staff. OMG..I have never paid so much money to be treated like such a nuisance. They were beyond unfriendly..they were HATEFUL. My kids were picking out their golf balls and an employee was standing behind them. She sighed loudly and exclaimed "jesus christ". Are you kidding me? If you have little patience and respect for kids..you need to find another job. After talking to others..it's apparant the owners allow them to act this way. If kids weren't sliding down the inflatable slide correctly..they didn't nicely explain the rules. They stomped out yelling at the kids. It was terrible. Having been to other Jellystone's..expectations were high. However..this one didn't even meet them..much less exceed them. Definately will not be repeaters..nor will several other families we talk to. Shame on the owners for running this place into the ground! It could be so much more.

8 Thank lovemyboys2
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just returned from camping for the weekend at Paradis Pines. The campground itself is very clean and set up well. We had a special half price package which is why we decided to try this area. There really is nothing nearby except for abandoned properties and a very small town.
There is a lot of activities for the kids such as mini-golf, jumping pillow, arcade, rental bikes, dj's with games on weekends. Yogi Bear rides around in the golf cart and visits the campers and there is also a small train ride for the kids to ride on certain times of the day. the pools were clean with an inflatable waterslide the kids enjoyed.
The facilities and bathrooms were cleaner than a lot of other campgrounds we have stayed at. They will also deliver firewood to yoyur site and pick up your trash at your site several times during the day which is very nice. The store was very full and has an ice-cream stand as well as meals all throughout the day in case you dont want to cook yourself. There are a lot of very nice extra touches here.
The campsites themselfs are rather small. We paid extra to get a riverside site and our pop-up camper barely fit with the rear hanging over the riverbank which was quite steep and the fron bed sticking out into the roadway. After parking the vehicle there was only room enough for our canopy, picnic table, fire-ring and a few lawn chairs. If you have very small children you may not want one of the river sites as they could easily fall down the bank if they walk to the back of the sites. The full hookup sites were a little larger.
All in all it was a very nice park but do not think we will be returning as it is a little more expensive than we would pay for a campsite. If the sites were larger it would make it worth the premium price. However we did take a peek into one of the rental cabins onsite and it looked very roomy and clean. Bunk beds and a loft overhead as well as a small screened porch.
The reviews about friendliness are both true and untrue. The people running the park and going around on the carts were very nice and helpful. However a couple of the office staff could definitely use some customer service training. If you speak to someone who seems rude or hard to deal with I would simply ask to speak to one of the owners or someone else. We only encountered 1 person on the phone who was rude and unreasonable and 1 person while there in the store who acted the same way. Perhaps it was the same person?
The interstate was a little loud but most of the campgrounds we have stayed on were close to the interstate so anyone who camps a lot is used to this.

1 Thank davel33
Catskill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family just returned from Jellystone and the kids, my husband and I enjoyed it. Yes, certain activities cost extra but I have not found this to be different from other parks and the activity bracelet price is reasonable for kids (my husband and I only paid for a few activities as we went)if you are going to stay for even a whole day at the park but especially if you are staying longer. We went with 2 kids ages 5 & 7 and both staff and fellow campers were very friendly. We rented a cabin which was incredibly clean and comfortable for our needs. Campfire wood has to be purchased onsite as in most NYS parks because of the emerald ash borer beetle threat but it is cheaper than wood at Stewarts and they deliver it to your site. You do hear the highway in the distance but it is not overly loud. If you want camping in the deep woods with only the sound of nature this is not it, and quite frankly if thats what you are going for then buy a tent and stay away from an RV park. However if you want a campground where you can stay for a few days and relax while the kids enjoy the pool, hayrides, minigolf, campfires, fishing on the river, the gem mining, the playgrounds and Yogi then book the site and buy the bracelet. I read the negative reviews before we went there and was a bit nervous because we had already booked. Just remember when reading this that most people who have good experiences never go on to make a review, most people review things when they are annoyed so the review ratings are most likely skewed in a negative direction. In fact the only reason I came back to review this pleasant experience was because I felt the reviews I had read earlier didn't paint a fair picture of the park.

4 Thank Catskillfamily
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

It's quite simple...this place only cares about $$$. They are rude and just flat out don't like people. They got my reservation wrong and blaimed it on the poor employees. I can tell you that rangers GIna and Mike have got to be the worst employers ever. Activities are not free and even for bingo you have to buy a chocolAte bar. Do not waste your money. They should not let people like that around kids or anyone of the public for that matter. I will never return again.

• Stayed July 2012
#2 of 6 in Ticonderoga
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Chestertown

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines? Share your experiences!