“Very good food and excellent service but rather pricey”
Review of Eden

Eden
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Bel Ombre
Description: Our beach-side sanctuary providing a romantic atmosphere with wonderful views of Beau Vallon Beach, whilst serving the freshest seafood and assorted cuts from the creole inspired barbecue.
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Full marks for service. Very attentive without being invasive. The sauce with the chicken ordered by my wife was not to her taste and though she didn't complain, the waiter could tell she was not 100% happy and would not take her insistence that it was fine at face value. I was very impressed! My wife is a fusspot when it comes to sauces (even she will admit it) so her dislike was no reflection on the restaurant, but their determination that she should be a happy customer was very good to see. The chicken was whisked away and a less saucy alternative produced in no time.

The food is rather expensive and the price of some of the wines is eye-watering but everything is top quality, so.....

I would have liked to have seen more options on the menu too and this would have attracted me book again, but certainly well worth a visit if in the Beau Vallo area for that special occasion.

Oh, and by the way, my sauce was absoutely excellent (I did mention my wife is a fusspot, didn't I?)

Date of visit: October 2017
TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Eden, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dear Seystoke,

Thank you for reviewing your dinner experience at Eden restaurant.

We are very happy that you had such a nice experience while visiting Eden.

Very happy to read about the reactiveness of the team to make sure you spent a good time with us.

We hope to see you soon at Eden restaurant!

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Eden is in the premises of H Resort Hotel. It is by the beach but you cant see the sea due to trees which is fine :) you can hear the beautiful sound of waves. Very romantic place and food is really good. Expensive but I think all quality restaurants are expensive in Seychelles anyway. We had Blanc Fish grilled and it was really great. My daughter had pasta although it was not in the menu, they were kind enough to bring from the next door restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017
TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Eden, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Doga U,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Eden Restaurant.

We are very pleased to read that you liked the restaurant ambiance and that you enjoyed the Capitaine Blanc fish, grilled on the outside BBQ by our chef.

We hope to see you soon at the Eden restaurant.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We ate at Eden’s twice while staying at the H Resort, lovely ambience but food was just amazing, we had the lobster ravioli & mango prawn cocktail for starters & the tuna and lobster as mains, tuna steak was best tasting tuna we have ever eaten, absolutely delicious, portions were large, hardly room for dessert but we managed to squeeze in an apple crumble and chocolate brownie! The service was superb, Bishnu was on duty both occasions, along with Banjarmasin, Rose, Bandara & Aye. Special mention to Virender, the Outlet Manager, who we spoke with on many occasions, always made time to say hello and ask how our vacation was going.

Dear safarigirlEssex,

Thank you for reviewing your different visits at the Eden restaurant.

What a pleasure to read that you had such a wonderful experience while dining at Eden.
We will share your kind words about the cuisine to the Chef. The team will be proud of knowing you rate our service in the restaurant as ''Superb''!

We hope to welcome you soon during your next stay in the Seychelles!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Before starting this review I would like to say that this is no reflection on the service we received which was excellent. However, this did not make up for the fact that we paid A LOT of money for very average food. Staying at the H hotel and reading the good reviews we decided to try it out. One starter was slightly bland and the other came with a sauce so strong you couldn't taste any of the order ingredients. The mains were cooked nicely however all the side dishes that we ordered with them (which you pay for separately) all had issues, the so called creole spiced onion rings were oil logged and spice less, the rosemary roast potatoes were half roast half raw, the spinach was seasoned with water and the tablespoon of creole sauce (which we also paid extra for) tasted a bit like pasta sauce from a can - which I'm sure is not the idea.
Having spent the money we did I can think of far better places to go, would not recommend at that price point.

Date of visit: October 2017
TheHResortSeychelles, Manager at Eden, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear Lois C,

thank you for your feedback and my apologies that we have not met your expectations.
I will share the same with the team to ensure we avoid shortfalls as such in the future.

With kind regards,
Tina Wolf
Food & Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

The location is on the beach at the H resort. It's an intimate setting and very upmarket. The cocktails were good and the wine list also.

We had beef carpaccio to start (which was good but a little fussy) and Lobster ravioli which was in a lovely sauce but the pasta was too thick.

I was disappointed that at least 3 dishes were unavailable especially as the menu was small anyway.

They gave us a free desert which we couldn't finish as the portions are massive.

It was a lovely end to our holiday and worth going but be prepared to pay top prices.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank LegitimateTravellers

Dear LegitimateTravellers,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this feedback.
My sincere apologies that we failed to deliver what you expected. I will address all shortfalls with the concerned.
Once more thank you for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,