“Fantastic Escape”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are looking for peace, luxury, tranquility and relaxation. The only slight negative was very poor and intermittent wifi which I understand the hotel are trying to improve.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can! Mine was very close to the spa and second restaurant - highly recommend!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 39Lucy
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear 39Lucy,

It is indeed inspiring to read of your wonderful discovery during your journey with us at the origin of Seychelles hospitality. It is lovely to be reminded of the tranquility and comfort that our resort arouse thus ensuring total relaxation - a home away from home.

Rest assured that the wifi connection has been resolved to keep our guest connected to the world.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our little corner of paradise.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They made it clear that if we ever had a problem or a request that we should ask and they would do everything to help us. A cricket managed to get trapped in the eaves on the second to last night of our stay. On the next night, we could not get it out and they offered us a different room to sleep in, although we declined. I was very grateful for the offer though.

The hotel is well located at the end of Beau Vallon Beach. Walk at least 500m down the beach for really lovely clear, calm water and talcum sands and no seaweed.

The breakfasts were - selection of fresh fruits, porridge, cold cuts and smoked fish, salad, jams, honey, crepes, eggs any style, bacon, baked beans etc, juices and smoothies, also fried rice or noodles some days, mini pastries, bread, toast etc.

Dinner had a different theme each day although it did get a bit mundane. I personally found it bland although you can ask for fresh chili to spice it up. I'm sure you could ask for anything actually and they would have brought it. Anything except coconut water which I was told needs a days notice. For a 15 min walk and 25 rupees you can get coconut water from in front of the Boathouse at Beau Vallon beach.

We had treatments at the spa and with the discount they were good value for money. Inconsistent though as we had a couples treatment but my massage had hot oil but my partners oil was cold he said. The changing facilities at the spa are 5*.

Improvements: Whomever sets up the changing rooms should train housekeeping - that is the standard I expect to see in the rooms. With the vanity kit as well. Rolled towels and a little flower would go a long way. Our towel replacement was inconsistent and at one point we had only one towel between us and no bath mat.
The mattress cover is loose and lumpy. Luckily the bed itself was large and not uncomfortable but it was far below the standard I expect of a 5* (4 if we're being realistic ) hotel.
The curtains never drew fully, leaving a 6 inch gap where the light comes in. Also, as the room is open plan, the blinds and panel curtains in the middle of the room never quite met up either leaving gaps where the light from outside the front of the room crept in.
The bath water is yellow. More so after rain. I think this is just the nature of the water here but it would be great if they had a little sign on the bath explain this natural phenomenon. If this is not natural, please look into room 116!

We had a deal at this hotel and we got good value for money. Staff were great. Big mix up with booking our transfer back to the airport though (30 mins late) and got hassled by the taxi driver who insisted we pay him 600 rupees for our "free transfer". Raised voices and stress was not what we wanted prior to a 13 hr trip home. Hotel should have booked our taxi (spoke to 2 people about this so don't know why it didn't happen) and communicated to driver that it was free.

Room Tip: Rooms 114 - 118 may have the best views in my opinion as they overlook the pool and sea. Some people...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal_22180

Dear Crystal_22180,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

It is lovely to hear about your discovery of our location - our little corner of paradise and content that our associates ensured that your stay was comfortable. Unfortunately, I regret to read of the small issues encountered during your stay and i can reassure you that these are not re-occurring issues as per our brand standard.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and guarantee a unique Le Meridien experience.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've never written a review before but felt i just had to say thank you to the hotel. We were here on honeymoon and it was just wonderful. The setting is magical and the views from the open lobby were gorgeous. The beach was beautiful and it was lovely to be at the quiet end - we went swimming every day and they had free snorkelling equipment so i could try this for the first time - saw lots of fish! The staff were lovely - when my husband was sick one evening they stopped me on my way back from the restaurant to check he was ok and if he needed a doctor, and they rang again the next morning which was very reassuring for me. We were on half board and I really enjoyed the buffet meals - it was a great opportunity to try new stuff and I thought the food was of a good quality. The live music was also a real treat. We ate a couple of times in the a la carte restaurant and that was good too - the setting was really lovely for a special occasion. I just thought the hotel was beautiful and with a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
I would particularly like to thank them for our last day - in the morning the housekeeping team (who always did an excellent job!) decorated our bed with a towel shaped into a heart and decorated with flowers! Then they laid on a super special dinner for us (this might have been part of the kuoni package). We had a private table out at the end of the pier, with the table decorated with flowers and candles, and a superb 6 course meal was presented to us. It was just the perfect romantic end to a wonderful honeymoon and just made the trip so special to us.
I am definitely hoping we can come back sometime!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne A
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jayne A,

You are most welcome, in fact thank you for recognizing the efforts and sincere actions from the team.

I am delighted that you hold such special memories of your time with us in Seychelles, from the special touches made in your room to the nightly international buffet themes and your special dinner on the most romantic table in Seychelles at the end of our wooden sea pontoon. We are very proud to have such a special team who really do their best to go beyond our guests expectations and thank you again for your comments.

Best wishes,

Conor Cushnahan

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel one day only, (on our wedding night). It would have been nice to see something wedding related in the room since we mentioned newly weds during reservations. Apart from that everything was fine. Friendly staff, good food, impressive breakfast. I was particularly impressed with the landscaping. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Ben S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in Paradise.

We are delighted that you had chosen to stay with us on your special occasion and thank you for your great comments on the service, food and our staff. Our extensive lush gardens are looked after daily by a team of 9 gardeners and are considered to be one of the best in any hotel on the Island, I shall surly share your compliments onto our gardeners.

All the best in your new life together and hope to see you soon at Starwood hotels and Resorts.

Kind regards,

Conor Cushnahan

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is lovely with a view of the mountain and vast ocean.. unfortunately the hotel does not have a beach front but only shallow waters and big rocks... We had to walk a few hundred meters to have a swim on the beach...

The location is quite far from the main city.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank simply_bev
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Simply_bev,

Kindly be advised that that all the beaches in Seychelles are public, however, being located at the tip of the beautiful Beau-Vallon beach offers our guest a wonderful walk along the beach where they can enjoy desired picnic spots. Nonetheless, we have our infinity pool which offers more comfort for our clients.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights.
Though its a good hotel but could be graded 5 star obviously for many reasons as said in many earlier review.
Further more there is absolutely no change in breakfast menu on any of the day. N other things in a la cart are too expensive.....

But comparing other properties in vicinity this is one the nicely structured and well landscaped hotel in mahe .....
The ambience is just too good in this hotel ! Absolutely value for money , if you are lucky enough to get good deal.

they keep me waited for 3 hours to check in, as my arrival was early.... My request for early check in not taken care properly ..... N that's v embarrassing when you are in honeymoon n on the first day itself u have to wait for check in........

But must say, v good property not a 5 star standard..... N with lack of good service.

Will think twice before coming to here again !

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Harshadpophale

Dear Harshadpophale,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

I regret to read that you had to wait for your room upon check-in, kindly be advised that during your travelling period we were running on high occupancy and as our check-out time is at 12hrs we were unable to provide the room at an earlier time.

I regret to read that your expectations were not met, I wish to invite you to further discuss with a member of our team on operations.fishcove@lemeridien.com

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently spent five nights here with our little baby. I was expecting a lot more for a le meridien having stayed at a lot of their properties throughout the world.
Firstly it's not very pram friendly, and as we were unthought fully placed on the first floor this presented a problem every time we left the room and at various points throughout the resort. Secondly the air conditioning was not working adequately, this was reported within an hour of us arriving. There were several failed attempts by the hotel to rectify this. They weren't able to move us as the hotel was apparently full. Messages werent passed on to the duty managers so the problem persisted. One of the duty managers promised a room the following day but they gave that to another couple. I told her (Brenda)I wanted to speak to the hotel manager but she said there wasnt one she said she would give us a little something off our hotel extras upon departure (which we never got).By day three we had had enough, we managed to find the hotel manager (Connor) who moved us to another room the same day. By way of compensation for the inconvenience he arranged for us to have treatments at the spa. He was by far the most helpful person there.
Some of the staff are unhelpful and try and get away with not applying the SPG discount. They all say different things so you don't know who to believe.
The shower floods the room every time you use it which is clearly a health and safety issue, the duty manager explained that this was part of the design of the room.
The buffet in the evening is extremely overpriced and is quite basic, although the food is ok. The a la carte is of exceptional quality but again overpriced.
The finishing touches, although not really a big deal, that you would expect from a five star hotel just aren't there eg slippers, cotton wool, vanity kits all of which you get at other le meridiens.
All in all, this is a nice but somewhat tired and dated hotel which is overpriced for what you get. I don't think I will be returning here.

Room Tip: Go for the best room you can afford
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Veiledicequeen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

I regret to read of the many issues encountered during your stay and regret to hear that your expectations were not met. I apologize for the inconvenience and comforted to read that you were able to met with the management to help resolve some of the issues raised.

I am confident in assuring you that these are not re-occurring issues and that we sincerely pride ourselves in offering a pleasant, yet comfortable Le Meridien Discovery. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next visit to Seychelles.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach

Been to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove? Share your experiences!