“Broken view”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
“Broken view”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only the Meridien can build a wall across the balcony so your sea view is accessible by standing on the bed. The food is typical Meridien that you find all over the world. Having spent a couple of years livining in Meridiens we always kept a list of the rooms where everything actually worked. Shame as I was on holiday and had them fixing the AC as the water seemed to pour out of it. Then the ward robe door fell off and the tap broke. But that is Meridien for you. Got the usual help from Reception like oh its nice of you to inform us. Dont they check the rooms and unfortunately I did not have the room listing. Otherwise the location makes up for the Hotel. Eating out is limited as there is a distinct lack of medium priced restaurants. Its either very expensive or cheap.

Room Tip: Get one where things work. Check the room before you open your cases and unpack.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David A
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear David A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to your stay at Le Méridien Fisherman’s Cove in 2011.

It is regrettable to learn of the issues encountered during your stay with us in December 2011 and we are sorry that this gave you a poor experience of our resort. However, I can assure you that such issues are not recurrent, our team is very efficient thus continuously ensuring a high standard of maintenance and cleanliness at the hotel to guarantee an enjoyable and comfortable stay for our guest.

Kindly be advised that all our rooms and suites offer a spectacular panoramic view which is amongst one of our discovering features valued by Le Méridien. I am therefore concerned about the wall you are referring to in your post. I wish to invite you to further discuss this issue with a member of the hotel team, please send an email to Operations.fishcove@lemeridien.com so we may address it with you directly.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your return to Seychelles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been fortunate that for the past 10 years I have been able to stay across the world in 5 star hotels but regretfully Le Meridien Fishermans Cove does not come up to their standards. The sparkle of a 5 star was certainly not visible - this hotel is more a middle of the road 4 star but has the price tag of a 5 star!!!

Firstly, the room we were orinally allocated had an open plan bathroom, that is the shower was in the middle of the room and it had a wooden floor. This made it a skating rink when wet - what a health & safety issue!! Fortunately the toilet and bidet was in a separate room but this had a small window so that anyone could see in/out. Now I am no prude but do I really want to have a viewing point ??!! I would mention that in view of the aforementioned the hotel reception did upgrade us to a junior suite but unfortunately problems persisted.

We experienced over 3 days the "missing towels syndrome", one day we did not get all the towels, second day no towels (it took 2 phone calls and a wait of over an hour to get them finally!) and on the third day just a selection of towels.

Another niggle was the lack of suitable glasses when ordering drinks. I would have expected that if a 5 start hotel offers a spirit then it would be served in the appropriate glass not just in a small tumbler.

We did take the opportunity of informing the managers of the above and they did their best to rectify but that is not the point - this hotel is flying under false colours with regard to star rating. I have never in over 35 years of traveling experienced so many irritating problems

I would like to mention though, that we found all the staff to most helpful and friendly and this at least slightly compensated for the above.

Would I go back? - yes but only if there was a vast improvement in the quality

Room Tip: Watch out for the open plan bedrooms/suite - shower on wooden floor makes it a skating rink!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuziQ1510
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear SuziQ1510,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I am sorry to learn that you had been disappointed with our open plan room concept which is modernly designed thus inspiring a relaxing ambiance.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered regarding the towels and I am confident to say that such issues are not recurrent.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our associates and for bringing these issues to our attention during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your return to Seychelles and guarantee a pleasant discovery of Le Méridien Fisherman's Cove.

Dubai
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Firstly I'd like to say that I stay in hotels almost every week around the world for business or pleasure! So, this hotel was a real real special pleasure to find. From the arrival at the hotel reception I was welcome with a cool refreshing towel and a great local thirst quenching drink! I ate ate the two main restaurants whilst there - and I normally don't like buffets however the choice and high level of food on offer was amazing!

Sad as it may sound I also collect hotel door keys and the artwork on these keys are really classic! It's probably the best in my collection...

One of the main highlights of the trip was the spa treatment on the pier at the ocean just before sunset! WOW WOW WOW! To see the sun set and hear the sound of the sea as the therapist worked on my back - was brilliant! Many hotels have the ability to do this but I have never stayed in one that actually does it! The management and staff very accommodating and extremely helpful! Well done Le Meridien!!!

I recommend highly!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and have great views of the mountains or sea! Where-ever you look - it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ciaran K
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Ciaran K,

I am indeed delighted to read of your wonderful experience with, it was our pleasure to have taken care of you thus ensuring a memorable discovery.

Thank you again for your kind comments which will be shared with our team.

Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Bearing in mind the price, I expected more from this supposedly five-star hotel. The rooms were interestingly decorated and had nice views.
The staff was friendly, but I wish they moved faster at times.
I liked the food very much but there were problems with quantities or proportions of alcohol in the mixed drinks – it felt like unnecessary thrift. The problem disappeared after a complaint.
As for the beach, at the beginning of my stay it was covered with algae but after a complaint made to the manager it was cleaned daily. The shore waters are calm, there are possibilities of snorkelling. Very few families with children.
From a nearby marina there are trip boats to the nearby paradise islands.
In general, I didn’t like the fact that I felt like I needed to complain about obvious things (like cleaning the beach from the algae). I don’t think I’ll go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank trvlgrll
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear linakje,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews of your stays in Mahe. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the spectacular views, our friendly staff and Creole style rooms in our resort.

I am sorry to learn that you had been initially disappointed with your drinks and the Beau Vallon beach. Our head Barista has recently created an amazing new Varity of cocktails and mixed drinks ranging in taste and strength which have proved a recent hit with our guests, I apologize if you had not been offered a clear choice with your initial order and am happy that this was addressed at the time.

The Beau Vallon beach is indeed one of the most popular on Mahe and occasionally the tides deposit seaweed on the beach, which are then taken away with the high tide. We of course would help with this should it be necessary.

We take all feedback seriously and always investigate to help resolve any issues raised. I notice that you had stayed in 5 hotels on Mahe Island during this vacation, and as none of the mentioned issues had been reported to management at the resort I would like to be sure that this review relates solely to our property. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly to clarify.

Kind regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is deffinetly a 5 star hotel with a mind of 3. Prior to arriving We booked an airport transfer to the hotel with front desk , they never picked us up or left a message for us, when we got to the hotel they informed us that the driver had family issues but they couldn't send an alternative pick up? Left us waiting. Took a 5 star hotel more then 30mins to deliver our luggage to the room after checkin, they delivered after we called and asked for it. Throughout our stay the number of towels kept diminishing, no hand towels, no face towels. During breakfast if something finishes on the buffet takes too much time and effort asking them to replenish it. There's a lot of don't care attitude on this property you have to constantly keep asking for tea spoons etc. Thet offered free tea and coffee at afternoon. No one is supervising the area and birds attack food left overs constantly. Really le meridien? Better don't offer it if u can't do it well! We asked twice to reception at what time the breakfast opens and they assured us it was 5am, since we had early checkout we tried our luck, disappointed once more no one was there and it was empty. The lady that came out eventually from the back of house was rude and tired. No hot food was served just cereal and fruit. We had the joy of visiting the Constance property and made us realize it was a mistake booking fishermans cove. As other people have already commented le meridien F C. is situated on the worst beach on mahe island. On a good note Keep up the Le bourgeois restaurant. You can tell its the only part of the hotel where effort is put.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travel A
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Travel A,

Thank you for taking the time so share your review of your recent stay with us.

I sincerely regret that you had such a poor experience with us and am sorry not to have had the opportunity to have met with you in order to address these issues during your stay.

Please accept our apologies on behalf of the private taxi driver and rest assured that we have met with this service to ensure that they will follow up with us accordingly in the future. Again I am very sorry to learn of the various service issues you encountered during your stay which do not reflect on our usual high levels of service, and for which I assure you rest exceptional. With this said your comments will be shared with the teams in order to ensure these issues remain onetime events and I thank you for giving us this opportunity.

Regarding the breakfast times I do apologize for the breakdown in communication and inconvenience encountered on this occasion. Thank you however for your kind words on our Le Bourgeois restaurant, I am delighted that you had enjoyed your experience in this area.

Kind regards,
Qawra, Malta
Reviewed October 12, 2012

went for our honeymoon for 3 days and it was really nice the room was fantastic the pool area a bliss and the restaurants a real treat. We got greeted by the GM and he gave us a good hint to go for a walk " anse de major" was really nice with waterfalls and fantastic views.Thanks for the lovely time.

Room Tip: get a nice sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felix H
Dear Felix H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. Secondly, thank you for choosing our resort for your special celebration.

It was our pleasure to have taken care of you during your stay and we are delighted to read of your wonderful experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had one of our best holidays, certainly would go back. Staff great, polite, helpful. Buffet food was very good. Plenty to do if you want, we did snorkelling, boat trip and fishing, daughters scuba dived, easy to get a local bus in to the capital or taxi. Food was very good, different buffet theme each night also great restaurants near. Management very helpful and kind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ann M,

I am indeed delighted to read of your wonderful experience and it was our pleasure to have taken care of you during your stay, thus ensuring a memorable holiday for you and your family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Banyan Tree Seychelles
The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove? Share your experiences!