Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Ocean View Guest House(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
$112
  • Beachfront
$237
$206
Agoda.com
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
$370
Clef des Iles(Mahe Island)
$296
$235
$196
  • Beachfront
Hotel Bel Air(Victoria)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,073 results
All reviewsother hotelsopen plansunset barour honeymoonupgraded to a suiteinfinity poolwalk along the beachmain restaurantfacing the seaspg platinumocean frontlong beachla diguethe hotel managerother islandsindian oceanhired a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2012

After some island hopping in Seychelles, I arrived at this hotel to spend the last four days of my trip to the islands. It was a big disappointment! Bad and really slow service, really bad food, and my room had the worst smell I've ever found in a hotel room. When i got to the room I was certain that I had stepped on some dog poo, but I didn't! With hotels all over the world I believe the Meridien Group forgot that they own this one. I really don't recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BrenoBR
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear BrenoBR,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are very surprised and disappointed to learn that you had such a disappointing stay with us on this occasion. I regret not to have had the opportunity to have met with you during your stay to help resolve and investigate the issues raised, as our priority is always to ensure that each and every guest has the most relaxing and inspiring stay with us.

Please rest assured that such issues are not ongoing at our property and we are looking into all issues raised with the service and in your room, to ensure they remain that way.

With this said we apologize for the inconvenience encountered and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Conor Cushnahan

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband & I visited Le Meridien, Seychelles in September last year for our 25th wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it. We hired a car and travelled all over the island in 2 days. The hotel was spotlessly clean and everyone was extremely friendly. This was a first class, superior hotel. The rooms were huge. We ate in the restaurant most evenings as it is a little out of the way, even if a little pricey, but if you want a pizza/fast food the next hotel along the beach will accommodate - you can also get a take away from there (Hotel Berjaya - this hotel would suit the younger generation... in our opinion!) The infinity pool and area was wonderful - not a large pool but as its on the beach.... you have a massive swimming area there! There was limited entertainment in the evenings; usually a band playing in the main restaurant, but this suited us perfectly.

If you would like a typical 'Creole' meal, the historic Marie-Antoinette Restaurant is one of the oldest and most famous restaurants in Seychelles offering authentic Creole Seychellois food and is wonderful; they even have huge tortoise outside!.. not to eat of course.. We also had a lovely meal at 'Bravo' on Eden Island -an island built with luxury houses/apartments with a marina and boardwalk (accessible by car).

We had a fabulous trip and loved every minute.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carib-crazy
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Carib-Crazy,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fishermans Cove. It was nice to hear that the dining, service and the overall hotel facilities exceeded your expectations.
We will certainly share these comments with our staff as they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

The Management

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Spent 5 days here in summer of 2011 with a family of four. Used my SPG points to stay here but it was quite "expensive" in that it is rated in their top category and I had to use additional points as they only had "suites" available. So I used a lot of points for the stay.

On arrival I found the real positive - the staff were very friendly and welcoming. However not particularly well organized. I had asked for something close to the water (we were paying high point rate, I have top status with the brand) but ended up with a suite that literally could not have been further and quite a steep climb. Lots of fun with the kids. Suite itself was very dated, looked straight from a 1970s movie, and not very big. Small queen bed for us and then they swapped out the furniture in the small seating area with two little beds for the kids. Worst bit was the shower, which was a) tiny and b) had no curtain! Totally bizarre. You have to shower in full view of everyone else in the room. Not to mention needing extra towels to stem the overflow of water into the room. Quite ridiculous! On the plus side we were given a bottle of wine each night which was a nice touch

Food-wise breakfast was very mediocre. There was a very nice second restaurant in the hotel which we went a few times. But even here some oddities like only two seatings per night, so you really had to have a reservation. But the result was there were always empty tables while they were turning people away

Location is not great either - Beau Vallon is not up to the standards of other beaches in the Seychelles. It's highly developed and not kept that clean.

We had been to Seychelles many years ago on honeymoon but this was a disappointing return. Not good value at all sadly. I'd suggest going for somewhere a more truly luxurious experience. This place needs a complete renovation to justify it's current luxury designation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank CarolinaToTheWorld
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Booked this hotel blindly in may 2011 just because I thought meridien was a name I could trust! Never again I booked online and it said it was five star. It was more like a hostel the room the shower Everthing was dirty and outdated. We checked in and we were shown to our room. I checked out after half and hour could not stay In such a place. They tried to charge me for the night which I was willing to loose so I could get out of there €370 after speaking to the manager I managed to get my money back. This was a very bad start. But the res of the holiday was superb at the Hilton northhome.

• Stayed: May 2011
13  Thank Shariffxxl
sylvand, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Shariffxxl,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

We are pleased to annouve you that the Creole Suite you stayed in have now all been completely refurbished.

Modern meets traditional Creole in these newly refurbished suites situated on the sea front. Open planned, light and airy, the décor is aglow with warm reds and natural tones that evoke elements of discovery and romance. Additional luxurious features are, elegant bathroom with freestanding bath, spacious walk-in dressing room, Espresso machine and tea making facilities, HiFi system with CD player and iPod station, along with all the essential amenities such as individual controlled air-conditioning, in-room safe, hairdryer, ironing facilities, mini bar and Large LCD Television equipped with satellite channels.

New pictures of those exclusive Executive Suites are also available on our website. Please feel free to contact us should you wish any information on those new suites.

Sincerely
Le Meridien FIsherman's Cove

Reviewed January 14, 2012

There are a rating system of hotels in order to help travelers to decide hot hotel to choose and what they can expect. This hotel was once perhaps a great hotel. But not any more. It's very outdated and you can expect more from a good youth hostel than what this hotel delivers in terms of facilities. Yes, there is a pool and a couple of restaurant etc. But everything is old and worn out. This is no good for the Meridien name.
Staf was k and the breakfast too. The location is boring and it was obvious that the people staying at the hotel felt that they had made a very bad choice... We stayed just one night and could laugh about it. We had a Hibiscus-room and it costed €400/night which is simply ridiculous. €100 would have been a fair price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Resplatser
sylvand, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Dear Reslatser,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issue you experienced in our room and restaurant.
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.