If you are looking for a plush and fomulae driven place then this ain't it. BUT if you want somewhere that ;
1. is comfortable with warm and hospitable staff
2. has simple food which is well cooked
3. gives a base to learn about the Keur Saloum delta
4. a kingfisher may fly in to join you for breakfast ( it happened to us )
5. where the bats roosting over the bar may stretch their wings and shuffle round a bit whilst you listen to the soft beat of Senegalese music
5. has lots to marvel at,e.g. crab eating monkeys, shell beaches, giant beobab trees and signal crabs and beautiful birds ( 17 species seen in two hours from the sun lounger by the pool- thats my kind of ornithology) and mangroves which crackle and pop
6. a place to stop and think and watch the sun go down
7. a place to go fishing and actually stand a chance of catching a whopper. It was my first time fishing and I caught 11 beauties on a hand line( 4 were over 2 and half kgs)
8. a place where the local people are so friendly despite the fact that they may spend all day wading in water to catch fish or paddle upstream with a load from their village whilst you whizz by in a boat with motor/laddened down with binoculars, cameras, phones, sun tan lotion etc etc etc
Then definitely go...maybe 3/4 nights is about right. WE stayed in a suite---perfect.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Jovago.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Keur Saloum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Keur Saloum Senegal/Toubakouta