Back to basic. The domaine is loacted in the heart of a small African village. When you pass the wicker entrance you are in the "real Africa;" the locals are everywhere (they invited me and my friends to play a game of soccesrat a plain in the village and they want to sell you almost everything. But the people are very friendly and there's no crime) The cabins are very basis (but I guess that's logic in this part of the world) We had two beds, no furnutire, a toilet and a small shower in our cabin. The airco worked but made a lot of noise) The pool is ok and i can guarantee you that you are goingf to like it afer an excursion. The meals are very monotonous. A lot of fish. (because there is a lot of fish available in the Siné Saloum). Breakfast was also monotonous. The serve pancakes and toast. You can order a la carte, but overall...the meals are not that great.
The excursions were fine. i enjoyed making a trip on a bicycle trough the area with a local guide and vistiting the surronding villages I wouldn't recommand the trip to "the plage d' or" -this is really primitive and there are a lot of bugs irritating you.
Sometimes the's no electricity. Don't come here expecting luxury, but when you want to make contact with the real Africa and when you want to meet local people and hear their stories..this is the right place. be aware of the mosquitoes. Especially in the rainseason (july, august) there are plenty of them and they spread malaria. Take precautions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a world heritage site. Les Palétuviers is an oasis of luxury and refinement at the heart of the Sine Saloum delta, one of Africa’s most beautiful bays. If you're looking for the perfect mix between the comfort of a luxury lodge and the experience of surprising excursions, cultural encounters and adventure, then you found your haven! As a guest at Les Palétuviers, you participate in a transformative social project. Les Palétuviers works closely with inhabitants of the neighboring village of Toubacouta to allow you to feel part of a family and encourage a fair development of the region. Live an incomparable experience. Our design is both luxurious and creative for a unique stay. Enjoy a 7 meter-high suite on top of a tree with inimitable view, a floating room with private dock, a hut located right in the middle of millenary baobabs or a villa by a gorgeous pool. Les Palétuviers is an experience where custom-made wishes happen in harmony with its surrounding environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Jovago.com so you can book your Les Paletuviers Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Les Paletuviers Toubakouta
- Les Paletuviers Boutique Hotel Senegal/Toubakouta