This place is most definitely a hidden pearl when it comes to holiday and travel experiences. Efficient airport pick up in an air conditioned minivan, warm welcome at the airport by the hotel staff, even at 23h00! Cold beverages and fruit in the minivan, which is nice when travelling with 3 children.
Two separate lodges/rooms were immediately accessible after arrival and check-in could be done in the morning after a good night rest. Staff and management gave us a warm welcome after breakfast on the terrace and explained all details, excursions, etc… no effort was spared to makes us feel welcome and at home from day one.
Rooms are tidy and ergonomically, functional air conditioning with remote control, well equipped, new beds and functional bathrooms with nice local details and finishing, large cupboards with enough clothe hangers, towels and other necessary items. Upon request you can get a hairdryer and scale if needed. Rooms are being completely cleaned every morning and the personal terrace in front of the room is quiet and shady and perfect to have some private time for reading or working.
Pool and bar area are also very welcoming, the management created an excellent atmosphere using both European and African details and furniture, pool was clean and nicely shaped as is the small children's pool too.
The water is very cold, maybe a bit too cold for me but with the Senegalese temperatures very refreshing after an excursion.
Very kind and friendly staff who speak French, English, German and even Dutch and always available whenever you need something. Try some of the freshly made cocktails and fruit juices, they are heavenly tasteful! Les Palétuviers is also extremely child friendly and the staff makes sure that children are at ease and looked after if necessary.
Food is a mix between European and African dishes and taste amazingly well as are the portions, salads are tasty and fresh, cheese after diner (nice touch!) and savorous desserts. Winelist is impressive and beers are chilled to perfection. Maybe installing tapped beer could even more improve the bar experience!
Free wifi available on the whole domain, works fast and good download speeds, meeting room available with projector upon request.
The view is breathtaking and postcard material! The excursions are well organised, not too long and guides are well informed and spare no effort. The really nice thing is that nothing at Les Palétuviers is calculated or fixed, you can add your own personal touch to all activities. Tip: take a long boat ride in the mangroves with a guide and experience amazing wildlife and deafening silence indulged in the nature around you.
The kids were baffled by the lion walk (unique experience!) and saw zebra's, giraffes, wild boars and even a rhino from up close!
Great theme evening and diner on Christmas and New Years' Eve with fireworks, animation for everyone by local groups.
In short, the price/quality comparison for this resort is exactly how it should be and the prices are transparent and correct. We haven't had any negative comment or experience during our stay and if any, it would have been compensated by the experience we have had. I am sure there will be some but then again, travelling in Africa is not the same as f.ex. in Europe.
We have had such a wonderful time that we immediately booked our next stay during the coming Easter holidays! This place gets a 100/100 score in my book! And I know what I am talking about since I travel more than 150 days per year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a world heritage site. Les Palétuviers is an oasis of luxury and refinement at the heart of the Sine Saloum delta, one of Africa’s most beautiful bays. If you're looking for the perfect mix between the comfort of a luxury lodge and the experience of surprising excursions, cultural encounters and adventure, then you found your haven! As a guest at Les Palétuviers, you participate in a transformative social project. Les Palétuviers works closely with inhabitants of the neighboring village of Toubacouta to allow you to feel part of a family and encourage a fair development of the region. Live an incomparable experience. Our design is both luxurious and creative for a unique stay. Enjoy a 7 meter-high suite on top of a tree with inimitable view, a floating room with private dock, a hut located right in the middle of millenary baobabs or a villa by a gorgeous pool. Les Palétuviers is an experience where custom-made wishes happen in harmony with its surrounding environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Jovago.com so you can book your Les Paletuviers Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Les Paletuviers Toubakouta
- Les Paletuviers Boutique Hotel Senegal/Toubakouta