Very good hotel with great view, an excellent place to rest and do some sightseeing. It is in the middle of nowhere in an authentic Senegalese village about 3 hours from the airport of Banjul in Gambia. The transfer (organized by hotel and with guide) is an adventure. The hotel has nice rooms located in seperate huts. There are many excursions you can do but the best was the one in Fathalah where you could go for a walk with 5 small lions. The food is excellent even above Belgian standard. People working there are very friendly. October was maybe a little bit too hot resulting in a low occupancy but this made it more fun as all people where from Belgium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect mix between the comfort of a luxury lodge and out of your comfort zone excursions, cultural encounters and adventure, run by the Belgian Karolien. Located in the most beautiful bay of the Saloum delta, protected by UNESCO and in the authentic village of Toubakouta ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Jovago.com so you can book your Les Paletuviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Les Paletuviers Toubakouta
- Les Paletuviers Senegal/Toubakouta