We stayed at Les Paletuviers for a week in November, our first experience of West Africa having travelled extensively in East & Southern Africa. During our visit we found the staff most helpful and eager to please. Although all are fluent in French the staff, particularly the waiters are very eager to learn and practise their English. One guide in particular is fluent in French, English and Spanish and his enthusiasm for the birds of the area is bound to win over even the least interested bird-watcher. Bird life in the area is amazing and we found that all staff taking guests on excursions were eager to point out the birds; most carrying well-illustrated guide books to reinforce their descriptions. The rooms are air-conditioned and comfortable. The food was of a high standard and there was a set menu for lunch and dinner but guests could choose a la carte; we didn’t see any guests choosing a la carte as the set meals were so attractive. There are a large number of excursions to choose from and it might be advantageous to give some thought to these before you arrive at Les Paletuviers. As the staff become more proficient in speaking English there is bound to be an increase in English-speaking visitors to Les Paletuviers. The owners are developing and improving the hotel and grounds and the pool area is attractive to laze around. Their team of friendly and helpful staff provided us with a relaxing and fascinating stay. We recommend a stay in this unspoilt area with its superb climate throughout the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect mix between the comfort of a luxury lodge and out of your comfort zone excursions, cultural encounters and adventure, run by the Belgian Karolien. Located in the most beautiful bay of the Saloum delta, protected by UNESCO and in the authentic village of Toubakouta ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Les Paletuviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Les Paletuviers Toubakouta
- Les Paletuviers Senegal/Toubakouta