“a special touch!”
Review of Casa Comba

Casa Comba
Ranked #4 of 21 Mindelo B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Well done! It's the little extras provided by Guisy and her helper that make this place unique. The rooms are cosy, breakfast is great - with some different every day. Guisy mixes the best of European with local produce. Very clean, tidy and regardless of the hour, we were always greeted with a smile.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor. It was spacious and has the benefit of a balcony with sea-view and loggi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Richard R

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at Casa Comba for two days before traveling further to Santo Antao and one additional one on our return trip. We can just highly recomend the place. The owner, an italian woman, was very nice and friendly even with her english beeing very limited. So we always communicated in bits of english & italian & portuguese & gestures. But it worked and was fun :-)
The whole establishment was very nicely decorated and clean. Our room had its own bathroom and was cleaned every day. There was no air condition, but with a breeze always coming trough the open windows and the fan running it was competely pleasent. The breakfast was basic but good with fresh breadrolls, banana, italian coffee, jam and cheese. The only drawback is that if you want to take one of the morning ferries or an early plane, like we did, you have to leave before breakfast is served (not before ~7.30/45?). But even that wasn't a big problem, since the owner gave us each a small snack package (biscuits & mango juice).

Regarding location: It was just a 10 min walk to the town centre and 5 min to the small city beach. We also walked the distance to the ferry terminal both times and even with heavy backpacks it was just about 15 min.

So taken together we can only recommend this place. Consider also that it all comes at a quite reasonable price: around 3500 CVE a night for a double room incl. breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We've spent a few days at Casa Comba, just enough to experience the openness and kindness of Giusy and her staff. The B&B is conveniently located at 5 minute walk from the laginha beach and at 10 minute walk from the city centre. Enjoy the wonderful breakfast on the terrace. Giusy is always ready to give you a good hint about whato to say, what to do in Mindelo and also on the close island of Santo Antao, where you can enjoy fantastic trekking paths.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel to Mindelo at 30/4/13 midnight and I went with TAXI from the airport to CASA COMBA. I choose to book 8 days at Mindelo at CASA COMBA because of the TRIP ADVISOR. It was 00:30 when I arrive at CASA COMBA. I was one woman alone and I was travelling as a scientific researcher in Cape Verde for the University. I met there a middle aged woman (the owner) who was very rude towards me and when I ask her to help me to call a TAXI to leave from there she kick me out of the house at 1:00 o' clock saying to me "go out of my house and wait outside for a TAXI"!! Imagine how a person (woman) is feeling in the middle of the night in a new place: just I tried to survive.The place was isolated and I had a night mare until a TAXI came. It is the first time in my life after having travel all over the world to meet such unhospitable, unfriendly, bad attitude. Stay away from that place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank VASILIKI B
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room was pleasant and benefits from the breeze. Everything works fine; and the breakfast is definitely the best, stylish and fresh. The owner and her help (who is knowledgable and efficient) are very charming in every way. The location maybe slightly ordinary, but really, its very handy for the town beach, and only a stroll to town and it all adds up to very good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Casa Comba is run by a very nice italian woman named Giusy who treats her clients as her personal guests, making them feel immediately at home. This nice Bed and breakfast is a couple of minutes walk from nice Laginha beach and 10 minutes walk from Mindelo center. It is new and very clean. It has a very nice terrace with a great view on Mindelo, where to have breakfast in the morning, drink a coffee in the afternoon or smoke a sigarette at night. We loved the place and suggest it to other travellers without any doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gabriella g
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed 2 times with my husband and our 2 young children in Alba, and dream of returning! The rooms are spotless, breakfast always perfect, beautiful terrace, the snack handy after a long day. The B & B is very well located, close to the city, but quiet, and to only 5 minutes from the beach.
But the main advantages of this accommodation, it is Paula and Valerie: their friendliness, availability, and all their good advice helped us to spend an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family