We stayed at the Morabeza for a week B&B with our five year old in early April. Having never been to the hotel or for that matter to Cape Verde before, we weren't sure what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised on all fronts. The setting of the hotel is fantastic - it's grown from a private 1960s holiday home to a large hotel with three pools and several bars and restaurants, but thanks to good design, a gorgeous, verdant setting right by the beach and friendly staff it still has a nice, personal feel about it. Nothing like some of the sprawling complexes further up the beach. Our family suite in the old part of the hotel was a good size and clean. The daily breakfast buffet was superb and in a great setting. When we first arrived it was very windy and quite cloudy - too cold for the pools - but by the end of the week it was much sunnier. The town of Santa Maria was great for bars, shops and restaurants - I recommend OCaranguejo and Genuine Cape Verde. All in all had a fantastic week at the Morabeza and would definitely return again for a relaxing and interesting week in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Morabeza We are located on the beautiful Santa Maria Beach on the southern most part of the island of Sal, Cabo Verde. We are confident that you will find your stay at our hotel to be a most enjoyable and memorable one ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Morabeza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morabeza Hotel Santa Maria
- Hotel Morabeza Cape Verde/Ilha Do Sal - Santa Maria