I visited the hotel with my husband and 19 month old daughter. We spent two weeks there . The hotel is perfectly situated on the beach . The town center can be reached pedestrian walkway running along the beach ( stroller could not go this route, a lonely woman were sometimes solicited by the natives sitting at the road) or get out front of the hotel and go very convenient sidewalk . This walk lasted about 20 minutes. The nearest grocery store is about 500 m. Hotel has a large swimming pool with salt cold (in December) water. On the beach free sun loungers , part is under the roof.
Food variety , lots of fish , chicken and other meats . A lot of Italian food , great bread. Restaurant staff very quiet (no talking and doing the show) and efficient. Breakfast a little repetitive , but you could survive. Rooms cleaned very carefully every day , linen changed daily . The bathrooms have tubs and bidets. The hotel bottled water is not free (only first bottle is for free). 1.5 liter costs 2 euros. In the shop outside for 5 liters will pay 2-2.5 euros. Ice cream was paid. Paid was also , so I met for the first time , omelets made at breakfast (1.5 Euro) Pros: great location, good food, efficient service hotel, beautiful beach with picturesque views of the town. Cons: ants in the rooms. Note ! There are ants so small that they came through the nipple to the bottle of milk for the baby. In our room was also a problem with the temperature of the water : boiling water poured down either or icy. The plants are watered something very smelly, possibly feces (with savings of water, which is missing on the island), so on the morning the air outside the room smelled for some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in June 2000 with the aim to reach to Italian market demand, begins to extend to other European markets in 2007, arousing the interest of many TO, by its location, rooms particularity (large and well distributed), kitchen and general services. In 2014, after a partnership with Thomas Cook Group, associated with the brand smartline, the hotel started a deep restructuring process, increasing as well its capacity. All services are covered, since, restaurants, bars, rooms, pool, reception, anphitheatre, much of which is already completed. A new face of the smartline Crioula will be presented from November 2014, and is already perceptible, which also includes more beverage offers in AI, and more options for cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crioula Club Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crioula Hotel Santa Maria
- Crioula Santa Maria
- Crioula Club Hotel & Resort Cape Verde/Ilha Do Sal - Santa Maria