We spent a week at Club Bravo and enjoyed the casual and relaxed atmosphere..
This is an Italian resort and there were very few other nationalities present.
The food was good very fresh and while not of goumet quality was never the less very well presented and quite varied. The fresh fruit was particularly good.
The staff is friendly and produce very entertaining animation.
An understanding of Italian is necessary to be able to enjoy the evening entertainment.
Reception was cordial and most spoke english.
The island is in the midst of a gigantic building program and the infrastructure is primative..
We stayed at the resort most of the time and were oblivious to the islands growing problems.There is massive construction projects everywhere, many incomplete.
There is little nite life other than the resort. The nearest town, Santa Maria is quite limited. So forget shopping, there isnt any.
The hotel itself is somewhat dated and some features could be updated, however all in all, we enjoyed the stay and considered that the Bravo Club organization was preferable to some of the more formal hotels we have visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sal Island, the VOI Vila do Farol resort lies about 1 km away from Santa Maria, the main town, only a 20-minute drive from the international airport. It is immersed in a large garden overlooking the stunning beach. VOI Vila do Farol resort features 236 rooms housed in one-storey bungalows set along lovely lanes in a vast garden. The main meals are buffet served in the restaurant located in the main building, while a snack bar near the beach, a bar by the pool and a lovely bar in the lounge complete the offer. The main building includes a welcoming lounge with a reception desk, a disco, many boutiques, an internet point with wi-fi system, a multi-purpose room and a TV sat lounge. Between the main building and the seafront, a free-form swimming pool lies with a children section, surrounded by ample solarium terraces, and a separate plunge pool. Shady shelters and sun beds free as long as available by the pool and by the beach and towels. The beach is certainly one the main attractions of Sal. A shoreline of dazzling white sand extends for kilometres, lapped by the crystal clear water of sea characterized by unique colours… a true paradise for nature lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your VOI Vila do Farol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aw Bravo Vila Do Farol Hotel Santa Maria
- VOI Vila Do Farol Cape Verde/Ilha Do Sal - Santa Maria