Stay from the 15th of January until 29th.
The cottage is spacious and up to three person, you can have a king + single or three singles bed. Bathroom is spacious but overall outdated. We had an issue with the hot water and it was promptly fixed.
Plenty of space outside the cottage and every kiter I saw had all the gears outside the cottage and nothing disappear in 15 days. You can easily hang all day your gear and your clothes cause the resort is quite safe and there is security all around all day and night.
The food was great and in two weeks we saw two different rounds of recipes. Unfortunately during the second week the weather wasn't really nice and didn't allow the fishermen to find good stuff but the menu was great anyway, with always Italian recipes. I also have some allergy and the Italian chef was always kind and available. The bar upstairs the hall has a great espresso and cappuccino and please tip the bartenders cause they are really nice people.
The entertainers are majorly for Italians, we had some English speaking tourists and they were complaining about the lack of knowledge of English. Well, it's a Bravo Club, Italian resort, so what would you expect? The staff was great and funny and able to entertain you during the whole day, if you spend the time in the swimming pool or if you spend time around the resort. While I was kitesurfing they were taking care of my mother and she didn't get bored at all.
In the evening they offer great shows and funny "happy hours", but the major of the customers are Italians and that's the major language spoken in the resort and during the shows.
The kite spot is nice, you can kite outside of the resort BUT the shorebreak is very high and it's not a spot for beginners. With 5 euro the "taxi-pickups" outside the resort can bring up to 4 kiters to kite-beach, a great spot and the one where everybody goes in Sal.
If you like waves riding and want to see some good waves riders you can walk up to Punta Preta from the Bravo resort. It's a 15 minutes walk with your gear. I prefer this spot cause it was less crowded. Also at the top of Santa Maria you can spot some good riders.
Overall a nice stay, nice staff, good service and great kitesurf. I give 4 cause the infrastructure is outdated and this ruins a bit the great job done by the Bravo staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sal Island, the VOI Vila do Farol resort lies about 1 km away from Santa Maria, the main town, only a 20-minute drive from the international airport. It is immersed in a large garden overlooking the stunning beach. VOI Vila do Farol resort features 236 rooms housed in one-storey bungalows set along lovely lanes in a vast garden. The main meals are buffet served in the restaurant located in the main building, while a snack bar near the beach, a bar by the pool and a lovely bar in the lounge complete the offer. The main building includes a welcoming lounge with a reception desk, a disco, many boutiques, an internet point with wi-fi system, a multi-purpose room and a TV sat lounge. Between the main building and the seafront, a free-form swimming pool lies with a children section, surrounded by ample solarium terraces, and a separate plunge pool. Shady shelters and sun beds free as long as available by the pool and by the beach and towels. The beach is certainly one the main attractions of Sal. A shoreline of dazzling white sand extends for kilometres, lapped by the crystal clear water of sea characterized by unique colours… a true paradise for nature lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your VOI Vila do Farol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aw Bravo Vila Do Farol Hotel Santa Maria
- VOI Vila Do Farol Cape Verde/Ilha Do Sal - Santa Maria