I would have rated this hotel a tad bit higher, BUT for the entirely awful experience I had with the staff on duty upon returning to my hotel room one night!
I found it highly offensive and discriminatory that this man followed me all the way to my hotel room, in order to stop me and find out what my business was in the hotel!!!
I was literally at my door and although my wrist band was not visible, he should have waited to see if I actually had a KEY to get into my room to verify I was an actual guest, out of respect for guests or ANYONE for that matter.
I had stayed at this hotel for two days already, and even if he did not immediately recognize me, due process should have been CUSTOMER FIRST, rather than trying to harass me as a young female.
The next morning they didn't even have the courtesy to offer a proper apology, the manager included! The offending member of staff continued to be insolent, and when my boyfriend stepped into the matter they were rude to him too!
It was a shame that we had already paid for our full stay in advance as my first instinct was to move to a different hotel. Looking back we should have done so - it would have made the overall trip a much better experience.
I am really sorry to give this hotel such a poor rating as the food and the theatre presentation were really good, but I am sorry to say that the horrible staff service has warranted this poor review.
Don't let this turn you down from Sal, it is a beautiful island with lovely people, and alot to do. We rented bicycles and rode around the island, as well as had a tour on quad bikes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sal Island, the VOI Vila do Farol resort lies about 1 km away from Santa Maria, the main town, only a 20-minute drive from the international airport. It is immersed in a large garden overlooking the stunning beach. VOI Vila do Farol resort features 236 rooms housed in one-storey bungalows set along lovely lanes in a vast garden. The main meals are buffet served in the restaurant located in the main building, while a snack bar near the beach, a bar by the pool and a lovely bar in the lounge complete the offer. The main building includes a welcoming lounge with a reception desk, a disco, many boutiques, an internet point with wi-fi system, a multi-purpose room and a TV sat lounge. Between the main building and the seafront, a free-form swimming pool lies with a children section, surrounded by ample solarium terraces, and a separate plunge pool. Shady shelters and sun beds free as long as available by the pool and by the beach and towels. The beach is certainly one the main attractions of Sal. A shoreline of dazzling white sand extends for kilometres, lapped by the crystal clear water of sea characterized by unique colours… a true paradise for nature lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your VOI Vila do Farol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aw Bravo Vila Do Farol Hotel Santa Maria
- VOI Vila Do Farol Cape Verde/Ilha Do Sal - Santa Maria