“Good value a bit hidden away”
Review of OCaranguejo

OCaranguejo
Ranked #16 of 115 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Cuisines: Pizza, Portuguese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Venha saborear o melhor da gastronomia Portuguesa num ambiente único e acolhedor, com rede WiFi gratis. Esperamos por si com todo o gosto / Come and enjoy the best of Portuguese cuisine in a charming and exlusive environment, With free WiFi network. It will be a pleasure to welcome you!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very narrow entrance on the Main Street.
Staff nice but a little disorganised got a few meals mixed up but don’t be put off soon sorted.
I had the local steak dish included an egg and spinach unfortunately asked for medium but almost walked on the plate,quickly sorted and very tasty when it was returned.
My wife had the very large prawns again good.
So much neither of us could finish all the chips.
Enjoyed a great bottle of Portuguese rose only €13.
Another couple regular visiter for the last few years say they never miss an evening here.

Date of visit: January 2020
OCaranguejo, Gerente geral at OCaranguejo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello there..
thank you for your lovely review. We hope you enjoy the rest if your holiday and look forward to welcoming you back. All the best from us all here in the OCaranguejo..

Best Regards.

Write a reviewReviews (404)

Reviewed November 27, 2019

We ate here on two nights. Both times were surprised that the bill was not more.

Ok it serves pizza, which was good. But they also have some other dishes and one night I had baked white fish on a potato and spinach mash. Very good.

Service was excellent and it got very popular by 8pm

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019

my wife had a steak meal which was very tender with rice chips and salad. I had a pepperoni pizza and my friends wife also had pizza my friend had steak with p eppercorn sauce which he said was delicious
Really nice food didn't have wine as we all had water all in all a very enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank PJP18
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I didn't select 1 as score only for the waitress' kindness. The restaurant is located in the centre of Santa Maria, easy to find. We ordered a "bruschetta" and a pizza. There are lots of different pizzas on the menù. I found them, sorry for the frankness, an insult to the Italian culture. The bruschetta was made with soaked bread and the pizza was a frozen food (Margherita) with 2 o 3 pieces of the extra ingredient. I spent 7 days in Santa Maria and that was the only bad experience food-related. Please, if you have to prepare italian food like this, it would be better not to do it at all. As I said, never again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Rui M, Gerente at OCaranguejo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear,

We are OCaranguejo.
We are an awarded restaurant that is proud To have quality food in all our menu.
Our pizza are homemade with fresh ingredients and daily made bread.
We kindly invite you to visit us ( OCaranguejo restaurant) and enjoy a lovely dinner with our pizza and more.
Because this do not happen in our restaurant.
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2019

Just average.
Pasta undercooked,chips cold,starters came with mains.
Much better restaurants and service available in town.

Date of visit: July 2019