“Drinks”

Ranked #29 of 71 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The bar man was superb nothing too much bother think he was the manager scouse dave they called him
Also food was good quality and reasonal priced english talking and very family friendly i will go back many times to sample the delights of baileys

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I thought the 'Manager/owner' very rude!!...On the few occasions my partner & I went there he didn't even acknowledge us...not the attitude to take when it's your own business I would think? It's also put about that it's a 'free WiFi bar'....Mmmm yeah well I didn't think the drinks were that cheap so maybe that's were their getting the money to pay for the 'free WiFi'?!?!

I felt it was very 'clicky' ie. if your faced fitted in you where given the managers undivided attention!

On a PLUS though I really did enjoy 'Silky Bev' who was the entertainer on the nights that we were there, a very talented, friendly & pleasant lady...unlike the manager!! :0(((

1  Thank salsaqueen1969
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Was at Garopa for 2 weeks and came here every time the footy was on. Dave was a Manchester United fan so should be giving a 1 star but the beer was cold and the football was on with English commentary so gets a 5. Best chips and cheese I've ever had.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Bailey's is right around the corner and therefore I have been there a couple of times. Every time the staff seems to be more interested in their own business than serving the customers. Usually I have to walk up to the bar to ask if my table can be served because even when they walk around they don't have attention for new customers and go from bringing an order straight back into their conversation. When you sign they seem to be blind: 4 people waving has as much effect as not being there at all.

When football is on there's no free wifi. It happened more than once that when we ordered something to drink and asked for the wifi code it "wasn't working" and a few minutes later the owner sat down happily using the wifi or for a larger group of people it did work. The owner is very selective over whom he gives the code or not.

The service is a shame because the food isn't bad at all.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were looking forward to going here because people who had stayed in the Riu as we were had talked the place up.
What a disappointment!
It’s more a shop front with a few tables inside then spilling out onto the walkway but set well away from the road.

The first time we went we sat and waited and no-one came to serve us so I went the bar even though the staff were falling over themselves to chat, laugh and serve drinks for larger groups.

Another time we sat waiting and eventually someone (the manager?) came over and as I ordered our drinks he didn’t even make eye contact but just dropped 2 menus on the table and carried on walking!
After finally catching his attention once again he came over and as I ordered our drinks once again he quipped"tut..not eating then are we?" and walked away to get our drinks to which my gf said omg this place is like Fawlty Towers.
And when she asked for the Wi-Fi password his head nearly exploded.

Why advertise free wi fi then tell people it’s off or moan and groan when they use it?

There’s not much entertainment on there so sometimes it is like an internet cafe but at £9 for a pint and a short and mixer then the wi fi is hardly free is it?
And it wasn’t just ourselves who had the treatment.
2 other couples from our hotel had the same experience and one couple walked out in disgust.
If you are trying to compete with a 5* all inclusive hotel as your nearest clientele base then to entice people into your establishment you need at least to be pleasant, courteous and have basic people skills rather than making people feel like you are doing them a favour by letting them in!

1  Thank djb0151