Visited in June 2014. The Hotel, Food & Staff are very good. Cleanliness is paramount and there are often snap checks on the food tempratures. A bakery on site provides fresh hot bread on a daily basis and the home made soups are fabulous.
You would have thought the weather would be great, being near the Equator. This is not so. I thought for the best part of the week there was more clouds than over Manchester !! Now, when the Sun is out, the constant 24/7 wind is pleasant. When it is cloudy, it is cold and the swimming pools were always freezing because of the wind.
The visit to the town (Village) which is 10 Euros each way in a taxi from most Hotels is sparse, bordering on desolate. The few shops open are sparse and I have to say I was dissappointed.
athough the intimidating group of large men, who were the only people about and were very focussed on offering us a taxi service back to the Hotel, served as the best tourist information advice to return to the hotel complex pretty quickly in our pre ordered taxi.
We could only go in the sea twice, when the Yellow flag was up (strong swimmers only) as the waves and currents were very powerful & the ever prevailing wind make it look like we had joined the French Foreign Legion. ~You are issued with rocks to put on your bed to keep your mattress on the bed whilst you stand up.
Would I go again.....No sorry !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Horizons Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Resort Boa Vista
- Royal Horizons Boa Vista Cape Verde