“These guys made our holiday!”
Review of Scuba Caribe

Scuba Caribe
More attraction details
Owner description: Scubacaribe is the largest scuba diving and water sports center in Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Spain and Cape Verde. We offer a wide range of tours & activities, from scuba diving and snorkeling to windsurfing, sailing, jet skiing and among others, giving you a new adventure everyday. Discover all the offers we have for your holiday!
Guildford
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“These guys made our holiday!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Really excellent diving with a wonderfully friendly and enthusiastic team. Junior lead most of our dives and was absolutely brilliant, but Juan's enthusiasm for the *FREE* digital room where we could review our pictures and videos was contagious and our final dive with him was wonderful.

I really cannot recommend these people too highly.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank PhilKingsbury

• Polish first
Atlanta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great dive master & dives”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Arturo Peña & TJ were so fun to dive with in Isla Mujeres. Not only great dive masters & guides but super cool guys! We got three days of diving with them & enjoyed every minute. They're new to the Isla Mujeres Palace scuba/snorkel office (after taking it over from a sub-standard dive manager), & I know Arturo will make it fantastic.

2 Thank intlgranolagirl
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dangerous ?”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I visited this PADI Dive centre in April 2013. It is the only time I have experienced such violent sickness and dizziness under water and I suspect its the air. I have been diving for 15 years in all kind of conditions and realized there was a real problem once we were down. Both my son and myself experienced the exact same symptoms. My son was 13 at the time so this made me very angry. My son normally has no issues at all. Also the staff seem poorly trained and follow a certain protocol even if it is obviously not appropriate for the sea conditions. I have left this a year as I wanted to go diving again and compare.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tracy R
Paulina_scubacaribe, Marketing Manager at Scuba Caribe, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good afternoon Tracy,

I would like to start off saying thank you for your review, is very important for us to hear about our clients impressions. We are very sorry for your bad diving experience. As the exact dates are not specified, is really hard to determinate what member of our staff was diving with you and your son.

ScubaCaribe makes sure that our tanks and its air is in perfect conditions and this is how we proceed: We have a daily control document where we record all the information about our compressors, operation hours of each compressor, oil level and the cleanliness of each one individually. In addition, our compressors require that we change the air purifier filters every 50 hours and we change them every 40 for extreme caution.

If the tank air is contaminated is very easy to tell after two breaths, as the same air tastes like oil and gooey. We always check with the client the air on the surface and if we have a complaint like this, we will never let the client dive with the same equipment or wouldn't continue the dive if the client let them know that they are feeling sick.

We will appreciate if you could send us more information about when you came to our diving center in order for us to check any irregularities. Please contact us: info@scubacaribe.com.

Once again I am truly sorry for your experience and thank you for your feedback.

Paulina Valverde
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice and competent staff, excellent scuba material, lovely dive!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went diving today at Alcatraz with Licinio, a very nice dive leader that was very competent. He showed us nice spots, eels, a lobster and plenty of fish.
Even though the visibility was not great today we enjoyed the dive a lot and were surpirse by the huge amount and variety of life.
Also nice to notice was the excellent diving material we were using.
All the staff was nice and helpful, so we definitely recommend Scuba Caribe and diving in Boa Vista!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank liesbetc
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“4 hour quad biking”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the riu touareg and did the 4 hour quad bike excursion. It was amazing! We drove over Santa Monica beach, sand dunes and much more. It is quite difficult to navigate the quad but once we got used to it, it was fine! Definitely reccomend, our guide louis was very knowledgable and kind too :-)

Visited December 2013
Ruthtcm, Marketing manager at Scuba Caribe, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Millie,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback . I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed our quad excursion. Your kind remarks are sincerely appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind Regards,