This hotel is advertised as being 5 star which could not be further from the the truth. When you pay a 5 star price you expect to get a 5 star experience. Unfortunately, there is NO grandure at this hotel. Everything is very basic and would struggle to get a 3 star in the UK. Reception is all wooden with no comfort except for a few sofas which have seen better days. We stayed in a bungalow in the grounds so had no sea view but a small terrace with plastic furniture. The bedding was ripped, there was no mirror over the dressing table, no pictures on the wall, you had to pay for the minibar and the use of the safe in your room, there was no internet in the room, the light shades were made of a hessian material and looked really cheap. the maid wanted to clean the room at 8.00am in the morning, there was no other services available ie tea/coffee making, hairdryer, trouser press, iron etc. The only thing which did seem to work ok was the air conditioning unit. We returned to the room one day to find it had been left unlocked. The bathroom had mould on the walls and the grouting in the tiles was dirty. The food in the hotel is quite frankly dire and very basic. You expect from a 5 star well cooked/presented food. Most of it comes out of tins or jars. The fruit for breakfast is out of a tin in syrup, the cereals were stale, the bread not very fresh, the orange juice from concentrate which you had to water down as was virtually neat and the coffee was not pleasant. The dining room is frequented by cats on the terrace and birds flying around inside helping themselves to the crumbs. A salad in the restaurant is carrot with yogurt on the top, cucumber with yogurt on the top, there are some others but not much choice. Most guests didnt even touch the hot food, one look at it and it was not inviting at all and suggested would make you ill if eaten. Sunbeds around the pool are not sufficient for the number of guests. TIP: keep your towel from the previous day so you can use this to reserve your beds for the next day. Most people do this and most beds will be taken before the towel shack opens. You can always exchange your towels for fresh ones when the staff turn up. Beds down on the beach are not much better. The best part of the holiday was the beach and the sunshine. The sand goes on for miles and if you go for a walk you will not come across many people. Do not take any valuables with you as security is NOT their strong point. Security is not listed as an issue until you read the literature in the books in reception. Do not go to the local town as there is nothing there and all the locals sit there begging. On the whole, give this hotel a miss. There Iberostar hotel they leave in your room shows all of their hotels around the world. When you compare the pictures to what you get here, some of their 3 and 4 star hotels provide better accommodation than this so called 5 star!!!! The grounds of the hotel are well maintained which is one of the few pluses. If you enjoy kite surfing, the wind is strong and the waves big so ideal for this sport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel combines all of the exoticism of Cape Verde and Africa with the services of a 5-star resort. Located on the sea front in Chaves, this is a hotel designed for couples and families with children. From the rooms and suites at the Club Boa Vista hotel you will enjoy a truly magical setting with the scent of the Atlantic Ocean. This hotel offers a wide range of facilities and services that will add lots of fun to your stay. These include free Wi-Fi, a children’s pool, a marvellous beach with sun loungers, SPA Sensations, all inclusive, Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), two outdoor saltwater pools, covered pool, Jacuzzi, fitness room, Convention Centre, fitness centre, water sports, two restaurants and no less than six bars, including a nightclub. If you want to experience the exoticism of Cape Verde, the Club Boa Vista hotel is the place to do it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista Cape Verde