We have just returned from boa vista after an amazing weeks holiday. This place is just completely unspoilt sea and sand for miles! The riu karamboa is fantastic the staff are always polite and helpful, be patient as their english is not great but they try really hard.
The bars offer a good range of drinks from cocktails,wines, beers to non alcoholic drinks etc... so a choice for everyone.
The food was great breakfast offers everything from continental, pastries,cereals to full cooked breakfasts.
lunch in the poolside restaurant is eveything from burgers chips, salads, hot dishes,cold dishes again something for everyone, beer, wine, water ,soft drinks and juices are all on tap so you can help yourself to these.
Evening meals in the main restaurant were great plenty of choice hot and cold. Every night there is a different meat on offer with a gravy or sauce to compliment it and a huge choice of salads, veg, pasta dishes, fish, various meats etc... and a mountain of deserts :)
There are three themed restaurants you have to book these at reception we did it the day before.
They are african, cape verde and asian.
We tried the african which was lovely a good choice of food. We also tried the asian one that was also very nice.
The pool is huge its gorgeous lots of fantastic flowers and palms around the area which feels really summery.
It has a swim up bar with tables and chairs in the pool its really good, Also jaccuzi's at the swim up bar area!... Heaven!
Not to mention the part submerged sun loungers in the pool!...Fabulous!
Some people have left reviews saying the pool is freezing! Rubbish yes it is chilly when you first dip in but what pool of this size is not?????!!! its certainly not freezing!
How can it be when it has 30 degree heat of pure sunshine blasting it every single day?!!!
Same goes for the sea its not freezing at all! Its the same as leaving your hot sun drenched sun lounger (which would have the same effect anywhere in the world!) to going in the water its always a little cold at first.
The beach is to die for sand is white and its hard to see where the sand ends and the water starts its so clear, Just paradise.
Sand dunes go on for miles they are amazing only footprints in the sand belong to you! Loved it!
Sea is great fun we had five green flag days and two yellow, On the yellow days the current is a bit stronger, Always be cautious though as the current is always strong.
Boa vista is very windy but its much needed, Infact if it didnt have the wind it would be far to hot to see anything and you would most likely fry!
Take lots of sun tan lotion as these are very expensive in the shop, everything in the shop is very pricey so make sure you take eveything you need with you.
If you do run out of something go and see one of the reps they keep a 'goody box' lotions,spays,shower gels etc that guests have left on going home.
Thomson reps JB, anna and mark are excellent they are there twice a day for 3 hours and have loads of info on excursions.
We did the 4x4 island trip, I would highly recommend it its fab they take you to the capital of boa vista sal rai where you visit a school if your planning on doing this trip take some school supplies with you from home, pens, pencils, paper they are in desperate need as the island is so poor the kiddies are adorable.
The tour guide is great so much fun he just says "No stress" all the time he was brill his knowlege of the island was great.
The entertainment at night is so rubbish its funny but they try so hard you appriciate it.
The renova spa is lovely too it has an outdoor jaccuzi area which is just so relaxing i floated out i was so relaxed, This is a must try out.
The rooms are good and cleaned every day.
Overall this hotel is absolutly huge its amazing and very clean so much to see and plenty of relaxing to do.
Dont go if you want an action packed holiday, do go if you want a paradise of complete chill out and good food and drink :)
I have to say please dont listen to some of the outrageously stupid pointless reveiws that some people have left on this site, If you listened to them you would miss out on seeing an amazing yet to be spoilt island.
Go now before there is hotels built on those beautiful sand dunes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Karamboa, is situated on the Boa Vista Island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, with direct access to the marvellous Praia das Dunas beach of fine sand which extends for kms. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Sal Rei (8km) and Aristides Pereira International Airport (BVC) is approx. 1.5 km away. The hotel has 750 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at the Renova Spa or get in shape at our gym. 1 outdoor pools, 1 children’s and baby pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old), RiuArt atelier and for adults, day and evening entertainment, discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Cape Verdean, Asian, African cuisine, 5 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista