We picked the island of Boa Vista for a special wedding anniversary trip .The island is beautiful and very unspoilt .The hotel was a 3 and 1/2 minute trip from airport .A very well executed check in .we had a drink then went to find our room .when we got to room we had been put in a twin family room .My husband was not happy ,back to reception ,found Wendy the thompson rep who sorted it for us Bag s taken to new room ... Happy .The hotel is lovely as is the scenery ,the ideal place to chill which we did.We did the thompson walk which we were told was an hour and a half .Off we went walking along the beach there were some older people in the party ,we arrived at a beach bar for drink to be told it's closed so we had to walk for another half an hour which was hard work in very intense heat .when we arrived in Sal rei ,we saw another side to the island ,the poverty !We were followed round by taxi drivers and approached by shop staff ,which was intimating.Once we had finished we seemed to be just left by the rep ,we got a taxi back but felt this was not good.The hotel is lovely but as with other reviews same thing just needs some tlc,the pool being the main area.
Food ,we enjoyed most of the food but did stop eating at the pool bar ,as birds kept landing on the food and there were lots of flies even under the covers .We did enjoy the Buddha restaurant went there a few times .They are plenty of different kinds of food for all tastes .
One thing that would be nice would be a kettle in the room ,I know there are qlenty of drinks but would be nice to be able to have one in the room ,as our room was away from the bar ...
I enjoyed our stay and loved walking along the beach ,if you want a holiday where the hardest decision is sit by the pool or go to the beach this is for you .....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista