Have just returned from two weeks at the Karamboa. We had a relaxing holiday - which was what we wanted and cannot fault the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. The only exception to this being the management - I assume there were managers there but they were invisible in comparison with other Riu hotels we have stayed at. The food in the speciality restaurants is excellent but the tables are too close together and there is no atmosphere - also I personally think that the later sitting should be adult only as the children who were in when we used them were intrusive and obviously over tired at 9 at night after a long day in the sun. The smoke free areas are not clearly marked and no-one enforces the issue when guests just move ashtrays from the smoking area to non-smoking areas - this needs to be addressed. I did confront guests on occasions when it became intrusive but it should not be left to guests to sort our. Our room - 2087 - was on the top floor near to reception and had a partial sea view and in the afternoon gave a choice of full sun or some shade on the balcony. Overall - despite my few issues - we had an excellent holiday and will return to this hotel. The island itself is stunning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista