The hotel is absolutely stunning. My mother and I stayed here for a weeks break. There's a couple of things you should be aware of though. Sandstorms are rare but are common(ish) between January and February. This means if your unlucky enough to be hit you could end up being delayed going back (like we were) or worse ending up somewhere else - like the people on the plane who were supposed to land on the island.
Is very wind down by the beach, so you need to tuck in your beach towel or take some clothes pegs as it'll keep them in place.
The pool area is lovely, and extremely clean. Annoyingly people do place beach towels out before 9 (which will be removed before 8 if unattended) so what ends up happening is people stay down until they've done the rounds. There are plenty of sun loungers though (although smokers think its acceptable to smoke right next to you by the pool!)
The swim up pool bar was a lovey treat with very quick service. As was the food both by the pool area (which then becomes a themed restaurant in the evening), the main dining hall and there's two other restaurants. The Chinese is by far the bet one - so make sure you get a reservation (before 9 at reception up to 3 days in advance). I didn't find food repetitive like I do in some all inclusive hotels but found it plentiful and very nice.
The one downside to the hotel is the evening entertainment is absolutely rubbish. Thankfully there was a karaoke bar downstairs which showed the British premier league on and there was lots of friendly people there so we made our own entertainment.
There isn't much to do activity wise, so if your looking for good excursions look elsewhere. Note that the thomson reps where awful - we booked to go on one of the excursions waited only for it to turn out to be a no show. One of the German Tui reps helped us in the end - disgraceful.
You can also walk to the town for souvenirs but whilst it was worthwhile both my mum and I found it rather intimidating.
Big shout out to the cleaners who did a fantastic job, and to the bar staff who were very quick and friendly. Wifi is blooming expensive thou - and you can't really use 3G so the wifi at 14 euros for 2 hours was cheaper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista