We stayed at the karamboa for our honeymoon and flew out early morning straight after our wedding. We were amazed to find the transfer is only 3 1/2 mins, in fact we were queued in the airport longer waiting to go thru customs. When we got to our hotel the luggage was brought to our room in a matter of mins and we found our room Had been upgraded due to us honeymooning. We both had burnt shoulders from waiting in the airport so be warned about this and try and take cream in your bag.
The weather over there is scorching and we'd left our factor 30 at home due to us both having decent tans already and had just took factor 15 and below. Big mistake we were both quite burnt after the first day. The wind makes it very deceiving on how hot it is.
The food is good, well cooked but after ten days can get a little samey were not fussy people at all. But I was struggling to look forward to meal times after a while because I knew it would be the same( some sort of fish, meat and veg and rice or chips)
The hotel rooms are lovely, nice and clean and plenty of room. We were in room 2029 which had a beautiful sea view. I'd say the only one thing letting them down is the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in them.
We did three trips with local company giggling geckos the full day 4x4 island tour, Saturday night fever and turtles tours. These were great and we had booked them online prior to going and then paid for them when we got there
All in all we had a fantastic time but wouldn't go back because after a while sunbathing all day does get a little boring and there's nothing else to do really. It's miles from anywhere and the wifi and shop in the hotel is extremely expensive. But at least we can say we've been to this beautiful island before it gets totally commercialised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista