Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

I was visiting Cameroon for a brief stay with family and my sister planned a weekend in Kribi at her favorite hotel.

The residence is meticulously designed, beautiful artwork hangs on the walls, but more importantly for me, the bed was perfection: crisp white sheets on a moderately firm mattress.

Having been to Kribi before, I can honestly say that this hotel is by far better than the rest - it is classy, the staff is super friendly and accommodating and the beach is lovely in a 'wild/untouched' way.

Note that this is a small residence with less than 10 rooms, which makes the experience very intimate.

I was hesitant about writing this review because I selfishly almost didn't want to share its existence. But go for it, trust me you won't regret it.

ps: there was a snafu with our reservation but the manager (Thierry) fixed it for us eventually. I suspect they are a victim of their success/popularity and are having to deal with very high demand.

Take a look at the pics!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2016

A number of people recommended this hotel for a 3 day stay over Easter. It looked good on the Internet and we were not disappointed with the place per se. The good points are it is small ,quiet, clean ,the staff are very accommodating and it has a great aspect right on the beach . Now the bad points ....it is not very child friendly as it has steps everywhere and numerous trip hazards . The steps down to the beach are terrible and the broken sea wall that has fallen on the beach is also hazardous and no attempt has been made to remove it! The beach is also not the best in Kribi.The overwhelming issue however is the service at the restaurant . It takes an age to get the simplest of things and even if you order well in advance they stil take far too long .When we arrived they were waiting for fruit to arrive from Douala .....they still did not have any Oranges or Bananas by the time we left! If we had known my wife would have done the shopping for them before we came . This has to be the only hotel in Africa where bananas are not available. Also when they run out of ingredients for a dish it is normal to say so in advance or offer an alternative . Sadly , emmental cheese is no alternative to Italian pasta dishes that contain Parmesan. perhaps the answer is to eat elsewhere or to take sandwiches ...not very "luxury " I know but sadly neither is this place ...only the prices.

Room tip: Only the belvedere suite has sea views but all rooms were good
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MickV1967
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

We wanted a perfect week end so we call in advance to make a reservation. A Cameroonian man responding to the Name of Thierry told us that there were no more rooms but he had the appartements. When I ask where could I see pictures of the appartement he answered that they were like the belvedere in term of sizes and design. I asked how far it was located from the main building and he said 200 Mtrs. I finally asked about security, power generator and wifi. He answered no wifi in the appartement, security and power generator yes.
I asked the price and he said it usually costs 160.000 XAF but I will make a discount at leave it at 140.000xaf per night. And he said we could use the pool and hotel facilities in that price.
Since we saw the pictures of the belvedere suite online we decided to go ahead and book knowing that the main concerns about security and power were ok.
When we got there Saturday 1st of August at 13.35 Thierry took us very kindly on a brief show around of rooms within the hotel that were about to be occupied so we could see what the rooms look like. Ok nice gesture.
We then got on our own car and drive 500 meters towards a complete different building (residence les pieds dans l eau) where there was no sign or serious security as he had to open the gate ourselves.
We then walked up the stairs and discover corridors barely finished (there were post it as room/appartement numbers.
The design was completely different than the belvedere suite, that was our first disappointment, then the shower was awful. Last when I ask if there was a power generator the lady that was doing the visit with us told me there was not (which was one of the 2 key criterias we had confirmed). After explaining that this was not what we booked for Thierry offered to lower the rate to 130.000 xaf!!! We left and went to Ilomba where we were treated with respect and no lies.
Last but no least, after checking online for places in Kribi we discovered that the residence les pieds dans l eau selling price was 50.000 and not 140.000...what a scam!
Does the owner know what he is doing when they are not there?
Big disappointment!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Henk0383
Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

Nicolas, the owner, makes no secret of the fact that he wants to keep San Marco as a discreet and intimate hotel with consistently high levels of service, and he has succeeded brilliantly in doing so. From the moment you arrive, you know that this is a luxurious and very tasteful establishment.
The hotel is just by the sea, with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. It is also just 2 kilometres from the golf club, which was great for us.
The service is excellent- friendly, efficient and discreet. The rooms all seem very nice and the hotel seems very secure.
A great place for a romantic weekend and only 2 hours from Douala.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed March 31, 2015

Excellent stay at San Marco: very nice place, feeling like at home, very clean, great food, wonderful swimming pool and very kind personnel. Along the beach, with direct access and not crowded as in Kribi itself! just perfect!

Date of stay: February 2015