“Excellent Meals”

Trappers Tavern at The Copperfield
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in North Creek
Cuisines: American
Description: Trappers Tavern is an Adirondack style gastropub featuring hearty fare and stellar entrees. A unique feature of the decor of the tavern is a large Moose Head shot by President Teddy Roosevelt in the 1880’s above the fireplace.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Service was great, food excellent, beer was very reasonably priced. Good kids menus. Wish it was open for breakfast.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our first trip to Trappers was both great and terrible. The food was very good. A perfect Ruben sandwich and Tuscan style onion soup served hot and good size portions. My dining partner had a turkey club and sweet potato fries (portion of fries a little small). Both were above average as far as flavor and freshness.
The terrible part was the atmosphere. There were about 15 families complete with two to three children each from infants to to first and second graders. As a retired school teacher I can tell you that their collective behavior was as bad as it gets. Screaming, running, climbing on chairs, and just about any annoying behavior you could imagine. The crying and screaming was so loud at times it drowned out the live music. Management just stood helplessly by and did nothing as several would-be dinners took a few steps in and then made a hasty retreat for someplace else (what we should have done). We mentioned the obvious chaos to our waitress and she said that it was reunion weekend for the local summer camps and these folks were here picking up their little angels. She said that sometimes it's even worse.
I realize that traveling with young families is not easy and I have no problem with a normal amount of commotion but this was ridiculous. It is too bad because this probably a very nice pub. We will try Trappers again but only after a careful peek inside.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Copperfield Inn for 3 days and thought this would be a very convenient place to eat. We had dinner here on our first night's stay. We arrived too early for the Saturday night entertainment, but we enjoyed a more peaceful meal this way. We were impressed with the menu and had trouble choosing from the many tasty entrée options. We ended up both deciding on the vodka pasta. We really, really enjoyed it! Service was good. The atmosphere was great. It made for a very cozy place to dine.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food and service - a surprise for a hotel & good music. Even if it's only an overnight it will make you feel as thought your are on vacation ;-)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Saw signs for this place for about 20 miles or so. Decided to stop in one day during our vacation to the area. The atmosphere was very nice, cool inside but not cold. The woodwork was beautiful, as was the bar. The brie was a good appetizer, the turkey cranberry club was good, and although my boyfriend ordered fries and was given chips instead, his french dip was good. If I lived in the area I'd probably frequent it, since I don't, I'm not sure I would go back.