“Great Rafting Company”

North Creek Rafting Company Day Trips
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in North Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a whitewater rafting company, offering guided trips in the Adironadack Mountains of New York. EXCELLENT - would love to review. Thanks
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I did the Hudson river trip with Mark as our guide. From the second I pulled into the parking area staff was available, ready to answer questions and point me in the right direction. This was the case the entire day. The staff was always friendly, intelligent and professional. Mark did an exceptional job patiently providing direction to all rafters and filling the idle time with all kinds of stories and interesting tidbits of info. I know next to nothing about rafting gear but everything issued seemed to function well and inspired trust, it screamed top notch safety. We were fed cookies, hot chocolate and a southwestern veggie wrap for lunch. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but the wrap was very good. North Creek Rafting Co is top notch. It is apparent they care about the customers and their experience more than the bottom line. The trip is well worth the cost and I would pick these guys over all the other outfits we saw on the river because of reasons other reviewers have mentioned.

Gee-whiz info..... I ran my gps watch the entire trip, here are the stats. Distance: 15.66 Miles, Rafting time (not counting lunch) 2 Hours 48 Minutes, Average pace 10:44 Min/Mile, Elevation loss 529ft.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've gone whitewater rafting with several different companies -- both in the Adirondacks and elsewhere -- and North Creek Rafting Company is hands-down the best company I've rafted with. A few reasons why:

1) These guides know every rock and eddy in these rivers. As rough as the water looked in spots, there was never any doubt that our skilled guide would steer us safely clear of any trouble. (Frankly, I was amazed by how deftly Becky navigated us past obstacles.) Knowing that you're in such good hands allows you to focus on the beauty and enjoyment of the river.

2) The equipment is pristine, and comprehensive. It puts a damper on the experience when you have a stinky life vest and wetsuit inches below your nose for six hours (not uncommon with other companies). I felt like I was the first person to wear my gear, and NCRC made sure I had every layer/garment that I might conceivably need. I was also struck, in paddling down the river, by how much newer and/or better-maintained the NCRC rafts looked, compared to everyone else's.

3) No need to worry about food -- you'll be extremely well-fed! Rather than chowing down on our own smushed, soggy, lugged-150-miles sandwiches at lunchtime, NCRC includes great provisions from a deli in North Creek. The huge chocolate-chip cookies were a big plus, and even better (we rafted in September -- a tad chilly, even with full wetsuits!) was the very thoughtful hot cocoa that was provided with lunch.

4) We were pretty clearly the happiest rafters on the river. Maybe it was thanks to the above factors, but most of the people we saw on non-NCRC rafts looked pretty glum and/or tense.

I usually try to think of a "needs improvement" element in any review I write, but I'm drawing a blank in this case. The staff at NCRC clearly see what they do as something of a calling, not just a job, and their love of their work -- and their desire to share their love of the river with their guests -- shows in every aspect of their company.

I plan to return OFTEN!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Family members and friends rafted the Upper Hudson River with North Creek Rafting Company on Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013, and from start to finish our entire group agrees that it was an OUTSTANDING experience. It is very clear that owners Becky and Nate Pelton love what they are doing and they thoroughly enjoy sharing the river experience with their customers.

Everything about the North Creek Rafting operation is top shelf from the well maintained high quality equipment to the personable and knowledgeable manner in which every question and request was handled.

Becky’s skill and knowledge as a rafting guide made our trip thrilling, fun-filled and safe. When she wasn't giving paddling commands Becky entertained our group by identifying points of interest along the river banks. We were served a delicious lunch including food that meet the discriminating needs of our vegetarian crew members. The hot chocolate was a treat enjoyed by all as were the humongous fresh baked cookies.

While we laughed and cheered our way down the river we were struck by the contrast with the quiet demeanor of rafters with other companies. We've already decided to return next year and there is no doubt that will raft again with North Creek Rafting Company.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My 16 year old son and I, a couple of rafting rookies, decided on going with the North Creek Rafting Company on their 17 mile Hudson River rafting trip last Tuesday. TripAdvisor had great reviews and they were right on the money. Nate runs a great outfit, and has all the necessary equipment (new and in great shape). Our guide John could not have been better. John clearly went over the rules and instructions, and while safety was his number one priority, he also allowed us to successfully attempt such techniques “surfing”, “spinning” and “flooding” – we had a blast doing so. In addition, John was very knowledgeable about the rivers and the surrounding area. Will definitely be back again next year!

3  Thank John T
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We selected North Creek Rafting based on the outstanding reviews and we are happy to say that everything about the rafting trip exceeded our already high expectations. Our guides (Bazil and Nick) were very experienced and entertaining, the equipment provided was high quality and clean, and at 8.6 feet it could not have been a better day to take on the Hudson. From start to finish, our entire rafting experience was phenomenal and we look forward to future trips with North Creek Rafting. A hearty thanks goes out to Nate and his outstanding staff.

- Brad, Tim, Caleb, and Bobby