“this little operation does it right!”

North Creek Rafting Company Day Trips
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in North Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a whitewater rafting company, offering guided trips in the Adironadack Mountains of New York. EXCELLENT - would love to review. Thanks
Andover, NJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“this little operation does it right!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Going white water rafting even during the calmer summer months, I wanted an outfitter that knew the river, but I had a hard time finding solid reviews for many. That's why I'm writing one now. North Creek is definitely a top pick. I booked a trip for my husband and myself and two couples and we were utterly relieved that I veered away from my initial choice -- a big outfitter that has been around for years but ended up with some poor reviews -- and went with North Creek. When we got there and started checking out the other companies preparing to launch, I saw how North Creek stood out. They had top-flight equipment and took good care of it. They paid strict attention to safety both on the river and off, and had experienced guides with the appropriate training. Our guide Becky was not only skillful but so much fun to talk with as well (and her lunch wraps were sooo good).

Actually, we started appreciating North Creek on the drive to the launch site. The police had a roadblock and pulled over two other rafting company buses that were completely overloaded. Their rafts were still sitting there when every other company got on the river during the short window of opportunity when the dam released sufficient water. If you miss it, you're out of luck until the next day.

We also got to see that outfitter that I almost went with in action. They had patched and shabby rafts, overloaded boats, and worst of all showed absolute disregard for water safety, cutting off other rafts -- not surprising, they had a lot of people falling out of their boats.

We're definitely going back -- next time for some wild water in the spring -- and we will definitely choose North Creek. Oh and their transportation -- air-conditioned city buses.

Visited July 2011

Clifton Park, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Absolutely spectacular experience!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my white water rafting experience with North Creek Rafting Company was. I was a first time rafter, and I was completely comfortable and confident in my safety while on this trip. The guides give more than enough preparatory information before the trip starts, and all necessary skills for rafting were practiced in the calm water before we hit the rapids.

Our guide was Becky, and she was extremely nice, and very clear about what we needed to do when in order to have a good experience rafting. The beauty of the Hudson River rapids up in the Adirondacks simply HAS to be experienced to be believed. This was such an awe inspiring trip! We were told that we were experiencing Class III rapids in the peak of the summer, which was actually far less challenging than I was expecting as a newbie. Summer is definitely when you want to go if you want to ease in gently!

Lunch was great--delicious vegan burritos and cookies. Part of the reason I selected this company was because I am a vegetarian and was concerned about lunch, and I was not disappointed. (I heard nothing but positive feedback about lunch from my meat-eating trip mates, as well.)

All in all, I would recommend North Creek Rafting Company to anyone, and hope to take another trip with them in the future! Every bit of information you could possibly need about this company and their trips is on their very helpful website, so check it out!

Visited July 2011
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience, even for the inexperienced”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The North Creek folks made enthusiasts out of four complete newbies. First - everything on their website is accurate - no hyperbole, no exaggeration, no important information left out. There are other rafting companies in this area, but we would go back to this one (and probably will in the fall). Second - the guides (especially Brian!) were informed and informative, and not only did a great job teaching us how to avoid falling out of the raft, but also filling us in on the upper Hudson. Third - everything about the trip (which lasts 3-4 hours) was thought through, including the fantastic burritos and cookies that they packed for our lunch. These folks (like lots of people in the Adirondacks) are also very environmentally thoughtful. Fourth - rafting itself was an unforgettable experience. The river was beautiful, the paddling was sometimes challenging, and the contrast between the thrill of hitting the rapids and the serenity of the quiet stretches really can't be described - has to be experienced.
The folks running this place really seemed to be having a good time. Very professional and safe, very down-to-earth, lots of fun to be around.

Visited May 2011