All reviewsgreat roomthe main streetkey codewithin walking distanceonsite managersmall townrustic feellake george areaadirondack decorgrocery store across the streetking sizethe hotel is cleanfire pitcontinental breakfasttwo nightswine bareach morning
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My family spent four nights in North Creek and we had the suite, great master bedroom, totally separate twin bed room, large kitchen and living area. Bathroom is small but wasn't planning on sleeping in there. The bath goodies were very nice and the decor was so Adirondack. I loved being able to fix breakfast or go next door to Marsha's. Sarah's cafe was opened two of the mornings and the pastry and coffee were great. BarVino is close by and we enjoyed the tapas and wine and great beer on tap. This little town is a gem. The sitting area out on the porch was very nice and the view overlooking the wooded area was very peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank flpab
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Our stay at The Alpine Lodge was one of our families most memorable experiences. We choose Memorial weekend with our children to have an adventure with Tommy The Train and when we arrived at the Lodge it was more than I expected. Pictures and words are not enough to express the clean fresh comfortable ambiance of the Lodge. We enjoyed spending down time with and without the children in the Great Room. I recommend The Alpine Lodge to anyone with or without children. If you're looking for a romantic weekend this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2009

i will stay alone in a Motel but only under the following conditions: upper floor for quiet and safety, inside bolt, onsite manager, working phone, motel price. I was promised a king size suite with pull out bed, the "lodge" pictures promise a well'-appointed, luxurious lodge environment. Judge for yourself: The lodge gathering room is accessible from street if you can remember the entry code which you punch into a keypad lock. The small room looked crowded with unsupervised unruly kids and i didn't bother to join them. The front desk is a small closet equipped with a phone and open to the street. A list of instructions posted on wall include the following 5 options: "to check in please dial 1, if no one picks up dial 2, if no one... etc". I got to 3. The Voice checked my creds and gave me a code to memorize to open my room door. No paper to write it down, I gave my daughter half the numbers to remember and committed the last halt to memory. Only 4 numbers but after a 5 hour drive and the stress of finding myself in a phone booth to check into what was definetely not a lodge but actually a motel, i sensed i might not be at my peak... I park my car in front of my room , right on main street. I open the door, barely missing the bed, there is no entry, it is a tiny room, 2 FULL beds stuffed in low ceiling space, window on the street, TV in next unit blaring through wall, heavy footsteps upstairs, the walls are paper thin. an opening next to far bed reveals a bathroom on the right and a door to a patio, view to a dirt parking lot and some trees. i wonder why the room isn't flipped. this is what should be on the street side, the room's windows could have had a mediocum of a view and it would have felt much safer. I dial o . The Voice announces since they've been sold out of a king size suite for days and days and i booked only yesterday, i must have asked for a room with 2 queens. I timidly mention these are fulls, not queens. It's time to go. Luckily, there was availability down the road at a beautiful facility, opposite side of street, walking distance to the right. see my next review.. I was told there would be no charge to my credit card due to mix up. Will write again if they do charge me. They need to own up and market it as the motel that it is. Tucked in cute town, they are across from the supermarket, This is not luxury, however it is clean,attractive and the most recently renovated motel in area, the town is quiet and safe, the crowd is rural and friendly. They should also staff the place with at least one evening check in shift. Put the reception desk in the "great room" and get the kids to quiet down.

• Stayed: March 2009
8  Thank CjayNyc
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2009

Dear CJay,

We Wannabe a MOTEL- because that’s what we are. I believe that’s what we represent in our website and our written material. And there is a Manager(s) on duty 24/7. I am sorry you had another vision and were disappointed.

There must have been a misunderstanding with your reservation; if you booked a large “Luxury King”- it does sound like you received a “Standard Double” and they are very different in size. Your confirmation would clearly have stated the room you reserved….Obviously, you were not charged for whatever confusion transpired. We are heartily sorry, IF the error was ours. We pride ourselves on our meticulousness.

The “Great Room”, is a common area for all our guests use with a very large flat screen tv and a fireplace. It is a large room – I think of it as a quiet room except during the Superbowl or when groups of families “overtake” it. The resident Manager, who is on premise 24/7 does normally keep an eye on things., however; we do rely on parents to watch their children as we do not provide daycare.

We do have an unusual check-in system. You do receive a keycode via e-mail, about a week before you arrive, which is unique to you for the duration of your stay. If you have forgotten, or don’t have the 4-digit code, the 24/7 Manager is on hand to assist you, but you do contact the Manager from a small “kiosk” (yes, its closet sized) with a direct telephone to reach them day or night. Of course, once you are in your room, you can contact them day or night from the comfort of your room. We do find that the great majority of people bring the keycode and confirmation with them, or if they do forget they can remember the 4 digits. Thank you for your comment, we do now supply small slips of paper and urge the Manager to come up and show you to your room personally (and personably!).

We are genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy the Alpine Lodge, you can see from the other reviews that many people do enjoy our small ski town location and even our unusual check-in/key procedure. We appreciate the critique as we can positively change our operation as we wish to be an important part of this Ski Town for many years to come!

Best, Sharon Taylor

Reviewed March 19, 2009

NOT TO MISS!! The Lodge has a common “Great Room” and is perfect for hanging out apres ski with a bunch of friends & our kids at GORE - we used the ENTIRE Lodge for our exclusive use- simply AWESOME!

Kids could run around (not to recommend if other guests are there- but it was just us - Sharon assured us!), we picked up food to go from a few "Greenwich Village-ish" restaurants next to the Lodge - the guys drank some fine local brews & us ladies lots of wines - can't wait till next ski season! A must stay & return!

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Well located for skiing at Gore Mountain or exploring the Southern Adirondaks. Very good value, pleasant and clean rooms, attentive staff. A little noisy as it is right on the Main Street of town and the walls are thin.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends