“Very Nice Room”
Review of The Alpine Lodge

The Alpine Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our recent two night stay was very enjoyable. The room was very clean. We had plenty of towels, there was shampoo, conditioner, make up remover and lip balm. There is a very nice area behind the lodge with hammocks, a grill and area for seating and a fire pit for a bonfire. The door code was great....no key to carry around and risk losing! The only issue we experienced was with the water temperature from both the sink faucets and the shower. The cold water would go from cool to very hot and eventually back to cool..the shower started out fine, then got scalding hot, then freezing cold. Very hard to control. Otherwise, room was fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie G
sharonChestertown, Manager at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves but so sorry that the shower temperature was fluctuating! Thank you for letting us know- the "scald guard" was malfunctioning and needed replacement.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The beds and pillows are so hard we could not sleep.

Walls so thin we could hear neighbors talking well into the night

A clock left on in adjacent empty room so that alarm went off at 5.30am.

All very basic,.

There is a charge for internet, it is not free as indicated on their website.

Outside deck full of broken crackers had not been cleaned from last desk.

Very overpriced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank jjy148
sharonChestertown, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

There is no excuse for a Housekeeper not checking the outside porch when cleaning the room. An alarm clock going off (from a previous guest) is certainly a pet peeve of mine as well. The housekeeper was written up for these deficiencies. Our apologies.

However, I must take exception to your other comments. The internet WiFi is most certainly free- the information in your room gives you the password. Our brand new Sealy pillow top mattresses get rave reviews- we get people all the time asking for the make. I don't know how they could be construed as "hard". I have the same mattress myself- I love it!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I and my wife stayed here for 3 days and found the motel/lodge call it what you want to be neat and clean. Yes the rugs were stained but reasonably clean.There were no bad smells and the bedding was acceptable.The tv worked fine and there was plenty of hot water.The housekeeping was less than desired (never emptied the garbage cans) so we did and did'nt leave enough clean towels and washcloths which did not matter because the storage room seemed to be left open most of the time so we helped ourselves to what we needed. We did not make use of the great room but when we did go in to check it out we were asked by aman at the desk I guess he was the manager if we needed any assisstance. I did not see anything wrong with the great room if yoou wanted to utilize it.There was soap and shampoo in the bathroom even though we always bring our own toiletries .The Alpine Lodge/Motel was about what I expected for the price. I was neither disappointed or pleasantly surprised by my stay here but satisfied with the outcome

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank aiots
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place, which appears to have been recently re-modeled and freshened up, is in a great location in the center of North Creek. There are good places to eat just steps away. It has the attractive 'Adirondack' motif with lots of wood and everything seemingly made from trees and branches...as you can see in the photos. It is very clean-looking. The exception was the stained carpeting near the entrance of the room, but I guess that is the price you pay with an outdoor entrance motor-motel type of layout. They have a keyless entry system with a code, which is convenient. The shower worked well, and the bed was comfortable, despite the generic motel-type sheets and blankets.

The major issues with this place, and for me they are significant, were the 'too noisy to use' air conditioning unit and the terrible cable TV service. With the latter, which the manager claimed to be a system-wide problem, there was so much static and wavy lines rolling through the screen that it almost became unwatchable. As far as the malfunctioning AC, the vibrations and associated noise were terrible. I left two notes on the desk in their usually empty office about it. Finally, on our last night, the manager called to say a technician had come to address it. Well, maybe he did, but the problem continued for the duration of our stay.

There were other minor housekeeping issues...sheets that didn't seems to want to stay on the bed and stained towels. There was also a dirty sock in the corner of the room that was leftover from a previous guest.

Bottom line for me....I wouldn't stay here again. It is expensive for what is essentially a freshened up motel with few services. Now, I did get a weekday 'buy two nights/get one free' special. Otherwise, I'd be feeling even worse about my stay at this place. More importantly, when I'm a lodging guest, no matter what kind of place I'm in, I need to know that some of the essentials, i.e. AC and TV service, are going to be there and working well. Based on my experience, I have little confidence in that being the case with the Alpine Lodge. I don't want to deal with problems on my vacation. I think they should get the essentials working reliably before worrying about outfitting every room with toilet-paper holders made out of tree branches.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HudsonDining
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very nice family room, plenty of room for the five of us. Our room had a kitchen too, with great outdoor eating area. Room very clean, and the only staff member that we came across was extremely friendly and helpful. The location is ideal for exploring the area, and ideally situated within North Creek.

Room Tip: Our family room was on the ground floor, and ideally situated.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pete t
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Overall it is nice. Love the double sinks in bathroom. Manager was very welcoming and helpful. The common area had great info on the area and full size refrigerator for our use. The barVino restaurant/bar next door, AWESOME. GREAT sandwich shop a few steps away too. Here is what needs to improve....clean or replace the moldy shower liner. It was BAD, very bad. Second, put a screen on the patio door for a cross breeze. Room is stuffy so we were forced to run AC when really not necessary. Get better pillows, way too hard. In spite of these short comings, I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 21,654
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What can I say, I got charged for two nights but did not stay there. The manager assured us that we'd get a full refund within 3-7 business days but that never happened. After a few ignored phone calls, the owner called to inform me that she would NOT be refunding the money regardless of what the manager said.

It's very sad. Because it says something about the integrity of the workers there. And expect to wait a while if you need assistance if you need it. There was no one in the lobby, just a cell number to call.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Stacey L
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Yes, you reserved 2 nights over the busy Memorial Day Holiday weekend and we did indeed charge you for the stay we confirmed. We held the room for you as we promised. In your "review" you neglected to indicate what you mean by "misrepresentation" . You arrived in North Creek at our motel, and were surprised you were not with your friends in Lake George. You stated that we say we are 15 minutes north of Lake George on our website. This is far from the truth! We do not say that anywhere! We are located about 40 minutes north of Lake George in the midst of the beautiful Adirondacks- far enough from the hustle and bustle of the Lake George's miniature golf courses, Water Slide World, t-shirt shops and such. The beauty of our area is that we are far enough to be away, but close enough to take advantage of all those attractions if you so desire. You stated that you wished to drink with your friends in Lake George and we were too far to drive home after a night in the bars. We are! But that is not our fault....you should have seen our address, looked at our map and directions before asking us to make a reservation for you.

We are sorry that you did not realize that we are in the small mountain town of North Creek. Since we are off the beaten track we do have a deposit policy. Hopefully, the guests reading this will realize we are close to Gore Mountain in the heart of the Adirondacks. You should stay with us if you like to hike, bike, ski, fish and whitewater raft. You should stay with us if you like quiet, walks to nice restaurants and wine bars and quality shops. We are couple and family oriented.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Creek
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#15 of 89 in Lake George

Been to The Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!