“Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
Oneonta, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The only "complaint" I have is that they use a code to enter your room instead of a key-card and when we arrived for our anniversary weekend, we found anther couple in our room who had noticed on their bill the reservation said it was for two nights and they only reserved 1 so they had known something was off. However the staff immediately came and sorted it all out within 5 minutes and were very kind. The other couple was very nice as well and they were talking to us about the area and things to do. Other than that it was a beautiful facility and the staff was very helpful and kind. Highly recommend this place and I would definitely come back! It sits in a small town with a few shops and a handful of places to eat. We loved every bit of our weekend and were sad to come home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SierraDM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was in the area visiting numerous summer camps on business and found that it was quite 'hit and miss' when selecting independent hotels / motels... I'm so glad I came across the Alpine Lodge (which I found on Trip Advisor)! My room was decorated with a wooden, rustic feel and was very cosy. The bed was HUGE! Free wi-fi was a bonus and I felt safe as a female solo traveller with the number-combination system on the door instead of a key. Had a great breakfast at a cafe down the road and stocked up on supplies for my trip from the supermarket across the road. A recommended gem...

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HollieVictoria
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Do NOT stay at this place. If you do, you’ll be paying way too much and receive very little. It is nothing but a motor lodge with alpine decorations.
$224.37 for one night will buy you this:
• A puddle right in front of your door.
• One bath towel
• No shampoo
• One bar of soap
• Seemingly nonresponsive heat control
• One 12 in sink
• Hardest pillows I’ve ever seen in my life
• Alarm clock beep at five in the morning coming from the presumably unoccupied room next door that you can’t do anything about because there are no phones in the room or a reception area with someone on duty where you can call.
• Two breakfast vouchers for a restaurant next door that in reality charges half what you paid for the vouchers you bought on line from the motel.

It is unfortunate. Reasonably priced and managed this place could be an asset. Instead it is a onetime trap.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank ali k
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I don't know how to respond to this..... such a venomous review and you never even contacted us. All our rooms have telephones in them and the live-in Manager is on-premise 24/7 and would be happy to correct any problem any time. All rooms have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up remover, lip gloss and 2 bars of soap. Yes, we are a motel with a Adirondack furniture and decor- we don't try to be anything but. The rooms do range from $139 - $239 depending on the type of room you choose. There is 7% sales tax and 4% county bed tax in addition. As a courtesy to our guests we do offer gift certificates for breakfast to either Cafe Sarah next door or Marsha's Family Restaurant- for $12 you get a credit of $12 off your bill. An alarm clock in an adjoining (unoccupied?) room going off is an unacceptable happening- but there is certainly a telephone to call the manager who would have turned it off immediately, and certainly made amends had you contacted him. We are very very sorry you did not enjoy yourselves and would have loved an opportunity to correct any issues that you had - but your review is filled with false information.
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family has a relaxing stay at the lodge, the whole atmosphere was like staying at a well kept rugged cottage.
The service was good and we were upgraded to a bigger at no additional cost , it was considerate as we did not even ask for it. But seeing that we were 3 they suggest a bigger room.Waiting for my next holiday there.
The hotel beside BaRVINO IS WORTH A MEAL

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glad you enjoyed it! barVino is a favorite of ours as well! We are lucky that there are many great restaurants close by!
chittenango
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As I drove by this place looking for it my daughter said "I wish we were staying there." Then when I found it she said this is where I wanted to stay.
The room was perfectly decorated in the adirondack theme. The "lodge had a fire going, and a suggestion book for restaurants. We chose "the place "restaurant which was also good.
The only problem we had was the parking , but I called the manager(there is like a little phone booth to call if you need something) He said we could park across the street.
You get a pass code for the room before you arrive so you never check in w/ anyone. I thought this strange but cool. Wish I had that job.
I was making sandwiches for skiing the next day and forgot the bread. There was a restaurant almost connected and they gave me bread FOR FREE!!! for my lunch( Thank You).
The only suggestion I have is this. It would be nice if there was a shelf in the bathroom for the clean towels to be folded on. When they are hanging on hooks it makes me wonder if the cleaning people forgot them. All in all wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ajknight
I chose the rustic twig hooks to fit with the Adirondack theme, but I never considered that guests might prefer to have their clean towels folded on a shelf. Thats a good idea- we could use some more shelf space anyway! I'll put it on the "to do" list!!! Thanks!
Huntington, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The owner/manager may not claim its fancy, but this has one of the nicest hotel rooms I've been in. Nice sized room with Adirondack styling, big comfortable bed, nice alarm clock, free wifi (though a bit slow - can't get everything), free long distance, gas stove (some rooms), coffee maker, flat panel TV... nice common room... probably missing a few things in there :)

Hard to believe its "just" a motel. Only knock on it is that the bathroom is... just a generic bathroom... all that effort on the room. Its functional, but nothing special (though maybe the units with the whirlpool tubs have nicer ones, dunno).

Great location in town - right next to Cafe Sara and Marsha's, and just a few door downs from the BarVino.

Room Tip: Get the King with the stove - great on a cold night!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, our bathrooms are fairly small- we were restricted in the size due to the renovation of this building. We needed to stick with the original footprint. We are proud of the Great Room that is nice additional space for our Guests in addition to their rooms and we recently finished a new gazebo in the backyard.... Hope to see you again soon!
upstate ny
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge last week and had a very good time. The place was clean and the staff was great. The Number key system was a bit weird for a old lady like me but was ok. The Gas wood stove set a very comfortable tone for my whole stay. The manager Leo knew where to send me for some great food. If you have the chance stay there you will feel right at home.

Room Tip: The rooms with gas wood stove are soo nice and toasty.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Audrey S
The keycodes are unusual but we think they have worked out great! There are really excellent options for restaurants in our little town- glad you found that out! The gas woodstoves are in the "cozy kings" and in our "luxury kings" but there is a large gas fireplace for all of our guests enjoyment in the Great Room....
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Creek
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,519 reviews

Been to The Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!