“Great food and atmosphere but closes too early”
Review of barVino

barVino
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in North Creek
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York
“Great food and atmosphere but closes too early”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

My husband and I were in the area for a couple of days of skiing over Presidents Day weekend. We stopped at Bar Vino for a drink in the early evening after skiing. The staff was attentive and the decor was inviting and attractive.

We ordered the gnocchi appetizer which was delicious and they have a huge selection of wines as well as beer. Later that night we decided to return to Bar Vino for dinner. We arrived at 8:50 p.m. and there were several people at the bar and 2 tables of diners. We asked to be seated and the hostess said that they close at 9 p.m. on Sunday nights so they couldn't seat us. I told her that was very surprised that on Valentines Day AND on a holiday weekend, they weren't staying open.

I hope that Bar Vino will re-think its hours considering it is a town that relies on tourism and tourists generally come on holidays and weekends (!)

Sydney
“Wonderful food and great value”
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We dined at Bar Vino on a Monday in early January, and despite the howling winds the place still had plenty of patrons. Initially the sole staff member seemed a little overwhelmed, but upon the arrival of a second waitstaff, the service was excellent.

As big fans of the shared meal experience, we really enjoyed the small plates. The menu had a good selection of dishes, and there were plenty of things that we wanted to try. In the end my husband and I shared the gnocchi, charcuterie, olives, papas bravas, beetroot salad, and were pleased with them all. A couple of glasses of wine and a dessert, and the final bill came to just over $50 - exceptional value and thoroughly recommended.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“I'm beating a hasty retreat from my earlier 5 star rating!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I walked in with my family of four last week around 6:20 p.m. Granted, it was Christmas week in something of a ski town, but waiting 20 minutes standing near the door any never once being approached by restaurant staff is totally unacceptable -- end of story. (And if it had truly been insanely crowded, we would never have walked in, let alone wait for so long.) My earlier stated fears that they don't have the capacity to handle a weekend/holiday crowd were, very unfortunately, quite prescient.

4 Thank Peter M
Long Island, NY
“So Delicious!”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We had a fantastic New Years Eve dinner. Small plates so we were able to share all different things which were all delicious. They had a jazz band playing which blew every jazz band I ever saw in NYC out of the water. Staff is super attentive and friendly.

Can't wait to come back!

portland me
“treasure in the mountains”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

What a wonderful dining experience! Salads perfectly dressed and flavorful, appetizers of mussels in a wine sauce with sausage that were scrumptious, and a lovely cheese spread consisting of nuts,blue cheese,and fresh pears on a delightfully light baguette.My main course was gnocchi in a very light cream sauce with pancetta....it was to die for.Not only was the food spectacular the ambience was as well.

Been to barVino? Share your experiences!