“The smelliest lodging we have ever stayed in.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed in The Inn on Gore Mountain for 3 nights. We made a last minute decision to go for a skiing trip and that was the only available lodging. On the plus side, the Inn is the closest to the slopes, it is cheap and the owner is nice and friendly. However, everything else was just terrible. The Inn consists of several old houses that desperately need renovations. Our room was dirty and with run down furniture. Mattresses and pillows were also old, with lot of stains and covered with sheets that are so worn-out you could see through them. Bathtub was completely clogged so after we both showered it took several hours for water to drain. But the worst thing of all was the unbearable smell of mold. Everything in the room smelled musty: mattresses, pillows, blankets. Our clothes smelled musty after only 2 days and 3 nights in the Inn. Terrible. We would not go there ever again. If you have no other options and decide to stay in The Inn on Gore Mountain, I suggest you bring your own pillows and bedding. And don't forget air fresheners.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MariaZ011

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I wanted a warm, dry, clean place to stay after a hard day skiing. I got that and more. Less is more in this case. No internet; good I was on vacation. No phone service; good I was on vacation. Richard made sure we had everything we needed. He treated us like we had been coming there for years and now I think we will! Susan; our compliments on a meal that very few, much fancier places couldn't come close to. If you want fancy, health spas,indoor pool, yada yada, this is not the place for you. If you want to ski hard and then drive 5 minutes to a warm comfortable place where you are treated like family, this is it. Ryan and I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I came for a solo ski weekend at Gore and I am on a tight budget and not very fussy. Red roof Inns are usually fine for me. However, I won't be staying here again if I can help it. Even though the owner was very pleasant, the facilities are pretty run down. I would not take a girl friend/wife here. It was VERY basic, old and beat up. There are no fridges nor phones which is a big deal because cell phones don't work in North Creek. The bathroom grout was a bit moldy and the shower was one of those mist type shower heads that really don't satisfy even if they are functional. Even if It is the closest to the mountain, I would only stay here if you have no other options. As far as rooming, I'd take the Black Mountain ski lodge or Northwind Lodge over this if you are looking for basic but acceptable lodging that is close to Gore. However, I would recomend the restuarant at the Inn on Gore Mountain. I had the prime rib and it was excellant! The portions were large and the food prices were very resonable too.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We arrive late at a weekend visit to the Barton Garnet Mine. A fellow miner recommended the Inn at the Gore Mountain. It is 10 miles away from the mine. The owner is a very nice gentleman, show us the cabin before we check-in. The rate is reasonable for the area at $75 a night. We were very comfortable in the upstairs unit. Unit comes with 2 queen and twin bulk bed. The ammenity is minimal. It is a mountain area. Good thing is got a great restaurant on site. The food is all good and comes in large portion. Service is good but you need to be patient. I have to recommend that it is a very cosy place to have dinner and stay the night.

The location is perfect for a gem mining weekend at the Barton Mine, white water rafting is onsite and winter sports at the Gore Mountains.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank schong
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We have been here before and knew the water pressure was not good but, this time there were several times during our 2 night stay were there was no water at all. Told the owner who said he would check it out but nothing more was said or done.

Inside old and (1) bunk bed had a very thin mattress and you could feel the wood underneath.

Looking for a new place to stay with running water and a fire pit.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mandkandrew
Reviewed February 1, 2008

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD over the phone, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!! they took my credit card to "put the room on a 6pm hold" , no deposit required and the card only to be used at check-in. I gave them a courtesy call 24hrs later to let them know we would not be coming in after all, an incredibly rude man yelled out "you own the room dear"and hung up! I called back, the same man said they have a 14 day x-cellation policy!!! I was staying there only because my daughter's ski team had to pick a place near the mountain, i didn't care what the accomodations were. now that she can't go, i'll be sure to find out what the place was actually like from the rest of the team and i'll be sure to have them post it right here. We have to go up several times per season and i hear the best place to stay is "the summit" at gore mountain, not this nasty place. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed December 20, 2007

As long as you know what to expect, this is a great place to stay! I have stayed in almost all of the lodges around Gore Mountain, and they are all comparable in quality, ammenities, and "rustic-ness". I've stayed at the Inn on Gore 3 times, going for 4th next week. If you want high-end, stay at the Copperfield, otherwise, you will get an affordable and average place to stay. Sure the cabins are a little dated, but I'd prefer dated and affordable to newly-remodeled and expensive. I don't go to the Adirondacks to sleep on a plush bed with mints on my pillow - I go there to ski and get a hotel room to sleep after a long day on the slopes.
The owners are great, I've never heard otherwise.
The restaurant service is slow, so if you are looking for fast pre-prepared food, go elsewhere. If you want a relaxing and home cooked meal after a day on the slopes - this is perfect!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
#3 of 4 in North Creek
Black Mountain Lodge
Black Mountain Lodge
#4 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!