“Ok for collage kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Cleveland
“Ok for collage kids”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I came for a solo ski weekend at Gore and I am on a tight budget and not very fussy. Red roof Inns are usually fine for me. However, I won't be staying here again if I can help it. Even though the owner was very pleasant, the facilities are pretty run down. I would not take a girl friend/wife here. It was VERY basic, old and beat up. There are no fridges nor phones which is a big deal because cell phones don't work in North Creek. The bathroom grout was a bit moldy and the shower was one of those mist type shower heads that really don't satisfy even if they are functional. Even if It is the closest to the mountain, I would only stay here if you have no other options. As far as rooming, I'd take the Black Mountain ski lodge or Northwind Lodge over this if you are looking for basic but acceptable lodging that is close to Gore. However, I would recomend the restuarant at the Inn on Gore Mountain. I had the prime rib and it was excellant! The portions were large and the food prices were very resonable too.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NJ
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We arrive late at a weekend visit to the Barton Garnet Mine. A fellow miner recommended the Inn at the Gore Mountain. It is 10 miles away from the mine. The owner is a very nice gentleman, show us the cabin before we check-in. The rate is reasonable for the area at $75 a night. We were very comfortable in the upstairs unit. Unit comes with 2 queen and twin bulk bed. The ammenity is minimal. It is a mountain area. Good thing is got a great restaurant on site. The food is all good and comes in large portion. Service is good but you need to be patient. I have to recommend that it is a very cosy place to have dinner and stay the night.

The location is perfect for a gem mining weekend at the Barton Mine, white water rafting is onsite and winter sports at the Gore Mountains.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room need some update
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank schong
long island new york
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We have been here before and knew the water pressure was not good but, this time there were several times during our 2 night stay were there was no water at all. Told the owner who said he would check it out but nothing more was said or done.

Inside old and (1) bunk bed had a very thin mattress and you could feel the wood underneath.

Looking for a new place to stay with running water and a fire pit.

• Liked — at same location as white water rafting
  • Disliked — no water
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mandkandrew

Travelers are raving about these North Creek hotels

nyc
Reviewed February 1, 2008

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD over the phone, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!! they took my credit card to "put the room on a 6pm hold" , no deposit required and the card only to be used at check-in. I gave them a courtesy call 24hrs later to let them know we would not be coming in after all, an incredibly rude man yelled out "you own the room dear"and hung up! I called back, the same man said they have a 14 day x-cellation policy!!! I was staying there only because my daughter's ski team had to pick a place near the mountain, i didn't care what the accomodations were. now that she can't go, i'll be sure to find out what the place was actually like from the rest of the team and i'll be sure to have them post it right here. We have to go up several times per season and i hear the best place to stay is "the summit" at gore mountain, not this nasty place. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

• Disliked — lack of professionalism
  • Stayed February 2008
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed December 20, 2007

As long as you know what to expect, this is a great place to stay! I have stayed in almost all of the lodges around Gore Mountain, and they are all comparable in quality, ammenities, and "rustic-ness". I've stayed at the Inn on Gore 3 times, going for 4th next week. If you want high-end, stay at the Copperfield, otherwise, you will get an affordable and average place to stay. Sure the cabins are a little dated, but I'd prefer dated and affordable to newly-remodeled and expensive. I don't go to the Adirondacks to sleep on a plush bed with mints on my pillow - I go there to ski and get a hotel room to sleep after a long day on the slopes.
The owners are great, I've never heard otherwise.
The restaurant service is slow, so if you are looking for fast pre-prepared food, go elsewhere. If you want a relaxing and home cooked meal after a day on the slopes - this is perfect!

• Liked — location and cost
  • Disliked — restaurant service
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rmccabe44
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We’ve stayed at the Inn on Gore a number of times over the years. We have always found it to be clean and comfortable. The previous reviews I think are exceptions to the norm. It may be that some people do not understand the ambiance of an Adirondack lodging facility. The rusticness and the people who operate them are what the charm is all about! The chalets with only 4 rooms in each are unique to the area! The restaurant food is always great and Rich and Susan are always great hosts! We continue to be regular guests!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank netguruBoston
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2006

We knew it was old, cheap and dirty, but we thought we could at least sleep peacefully in this wooded setting. Don't stay in the lower rooms, you can hear everything including the toilets flushing. Owner very friendly.

• Stayed May 2006
#1 of 1 in Chestertown
The Copperfield Inn Resort
The Copperfield Inn Resort
#3 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!