“Check your expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Check your expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had read most of the reviews here, good and bad, but booked it anyway mostly for the conveinence of staying where we would be rafting from. We stayed two nights and I have to say that we were pleasently surprised that none of the negative reviews seemed to apply. The rooms are rustic, and you have the basic ammenities such as cable tv, a window air conditioner that did cool the room, two sinks, and a shower. Our room had two queen beds and a bunk bed, a dresser for clothes and what not, a place to hang clothes and plenty of power sockets to charge your gadgets. The room was clean and since my wife is a nurse you know she inspected everything and had no problem sleeping on the cozy enough beds! Yes the beds were a bit old and squeaky, and the blankets had seen better days, but they were clean and we had no problem falling asleep.

One thing to mention is that Verizon cell coverage was nil in most of the area but ATT seemed to have 2+ bars for most of the places we went to.

The Inn staff were friendly and gave us directions to North Creek for dining and markets, the free range chickens that inhabit the grounds were funny and like I mentioned, the rafting company(Beaver Creek) departs so it is great to be right there, and then to be able to change right after you get off the river.

The food was was fresh(but a wee bit spicy from wassabi they used in the recipe they offered), but was very good after a long day on the river. Just a note about North Creek... it is a nice little town and Andie's in a great place for food, but most of the town's stores close around 6pm so if you need anything it's best to get there early. On Thursday nights they have a car night and bands play etc. Mad Atom was pretty good, but we did not stay long enough to hear their whole set.

The room rates are around $75/night which is completely reasonable if you are just looking for a place to stage your day from and are really only looking for a place to crash for a night or two. If you're looking for a spa, room service, internet, indoor pool, continental breakfast this is not the place for you. If you are in the area to raft\hike\ski then this place is a good spot to setup home base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Traveled to Gore for a ski trip and went to the Inn for dinner. Walked in and saw people but not what i would say was crowded. The man behind the bar came over to me and my two kids and asked what we want. i asked for a table and he asked if i had a reservation. I said no and then he said well i have all these people to feed first so it will take over an hour to get to you. I looked around and there were some tables empty but by the way he delivered the message there was no way I was going to wait there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NewYorkDaytripper

Travelers are raving about these North Creek hotels

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We didn't stay at the Inn we have another place we stay at regularly near by. But, we had dinner there Friday night and the food was great! The price was right too! There are not very many dining choices in the area and I wish I had tried the Inn before! It has that mountain lodge feel and down home cooking flavor! The owner was a great host! There was a couple next to us that seemed to be a bit frustrated with waiting a bit for their food. What are they doing up here? We didn't wait long and it was worth it! It's nice to sit and relax in a quiet and slower environment and just enjoy life, good food and good conversation!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Anyone who is looking for great accomodations and fansastic food close to Gore Mtn, you couldn't find anywhere nicer than this place. Great location, to the mountain, very nice and clean place to stay. Excellent cooking and meals were reasonablely priced and the best for your bucks!! We could not have picked a better place. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed in The Inn on Gore Mountain for 3 nights. We made a last minute decision to go for a skiing trip and that was the only available lodging. On the plus side, the Inn is the closest to the slopes, it is cheap and the owner is nice and friendly. However, everything else was just terrible. The Inn consists of several old houses that desperately need renovations. Our room was dirty and with run down furniture. Mattresses and pillows were also old, with lot of stains and covered with sheets that are so worn-out you could see through them. Bathtub was completely clogged so after we both showered it took several hours for water to drain. But the worst thing of all was the unbearable smell of mold. Everything in the room smelled musty: mattresses, pillows, blankets. Our clothes smelled musty after only 2 days and 3 nights in the Inn. Terrible. We would not go there ever again. If you have no other options and decide to stay in The Inn on Gore Mountain, I suggest you bring your own pillows and bedding. And don't forget air fresheners.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MariaZ011
Claksville, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I wanted a warm, dry, clean place to stay after a hard day skiing. I got that and more. Less is more in this case. No internet; good I was on vacation. No phone service; good I was on vacation. Richard made sure we had everything we needed. He treated us like we had been coming there for years and now I think we will! Susan; our compliments on a meal that very few, much fancier places couldn't come close to. If you want fancy, health spas,indoor pool, yada yada, this is not the place for you. If you want to ski hard and then drive 5 minutes to a warm comfortable place where you are treated like family, this is it. Ryan and I will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

I came for a solo ski weekend at Gore and I am on a tight budget and not very fussy. Red roof Inns are usually fine for me. However, I won't be staying here again if I can help it. Even though the owner was very pleasant, the facilities are pretty run down. I would not take a girl friend/wife here. It was VERY basic, old and beat up. There are no fridges nor phones which is a big deal because cell phones don't work in North Creek. The bathroom grout was a bit moldy and the shower was one of those mist type shower heads that really don't satisfy even if they are functional. Even if It is the closest to the mountain, I would only stay here if you have no other options. As far as rooming, I'd take the Black Mountain ski lodge or Northwind Lodge over this if you are looking for basic but acceptable lodging that is close to Gore. However, I would recomend the restuarant at the Inn on Gore Mountain. I had the prime rib and it was excellant! The portions were large and the food prices were very resonable too.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
The Copperfield Inn Resort
The Copperfield Inn Resort
#3 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!