“Great spot for the family for dinner and yummy!”

Six50 Black Oven Cooking
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Chili
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Six50 offers upscale-casual dining with Italian-American fare. Established in 2012, Six50 was started with the intention of bringing genuinely good food and a unique experience to Rochester diners. Offering a scratch kitchen, sourcing the majority of goods from local vendors and local farms. Six50 uses wood-fired ovens to prepare the majority of the offerings, which provides a very rich flavor. The wood fire not only provides a delicious product, but it is a renewable resource, which reduces the consumption of fossil fuels.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've been to Six50 twice now and have had a great meal both times. Had the Funghi pizza and the rigatoni with steak in cream sauce. Both dishes had tons of flavor and contained a good portion of food that I had it for lunch the next day - bonus! Nice selection for our kids in terms of either the child's menu (a big pizza for $6!) or ordering off the main menu (our one son loves the cheese steak). I also have to say that the pasta salad that comes with the sandwich is amazing - loved the little capers in it! The wine pours are decent and the selection is good - love the red wine glasses. The restaurant is a good size with outdoor seating in the summer which is nice. Also you can watch them cook while you eat, which is great for entertaining kiddos. On one visit, our waitress was a bit slow in returning to see if we needed anything, which would be the only negative for me. We're happy to have this option on the Westside!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just happened to pop in here Saturday. I had no idea what to expect. The decor is modern, the menu fantastic, the aervice incredible, and the food, oh wow. Lovely to look at. A delicious cobb salad for me, and the lobster roll with salad for my mate. Particularly preciate that the water is served in a chilled capped bottle. $30 for lunch for two. Both of us had leftovers to take home. If you are in the neighborhood, check it out. The vrock ocen pizza looked so good. I will definitely be stopping in again!

1  Thank BataviaBev
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have been to this restaurant quite a few times. The food and service are good and its a convenient location. The bar is still only beer and wine but the selection is excellent.

1  Thank Tim_Ingersoll
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been here four times because each time I think it must have been a bad day for the cook and because my wife always brags how good it is. This is also the type of restaurant that Chili needs. I've tried sandwiches twice and pizza twice. Each time the sandwiches are great in concept but terrible in execution. Always way to much bread compared to the meat. The pizza is better but not hugely.

What is frustrating is how much potential this place has. It is beautiful and if feels like the kind of place that you want to visit. The lunch combo is an excellent value. I hope that they can find their way and because we need a fun good place to eat like this in Chili.

2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been to six50 a half dozen times since it opened. I like the food, of course the pizza especially. Good choices, like the brand of wine they've available. Took the family there, over 15 people and yes, the service was a bit slower than normal, but having been around restaurants some I cut the place some slack when it comes to that type situation on a Sunday afternoon. I've always found them to be pleasant. I'll trade nice and friendly for speed any day. I can get rude and grumpy at a bunch of places. I do miss the stuff pepper appetizer they had when they first opened.

And I like the fact that they put the social media on the glass coming into the place - including the not so good comments - makes the staff aware of what people are saying and shows they are paying attention to this stuff!

1  Thank lrzak