“First visit was in 1969”

George's Hot Dog Stand
Sarasota, Florida
“First visit was in 1969”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I remember visiting Georges when it was a tiny little shack on the corner of Abbot and 277 with my dad when I was three. We had just moved to the top of the hill and that visit marked the first of hundreds over the years. George past a few years ago but his son still runs the place and the foot longs and the curly Q's are just as good as they were in the 70's when I would walk down the hill a couple times a week for a burger and then a shake at Charlaps. Please stop in and enjoy this icon of WNY.

Visited July 2014

Orchard Park, New York
“A local favorite ”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

George's is a local favorite and we keep going back year after year. The food is a little on the pricey side for hot dogs, hamburgers and fries, but it's very tasty. It can get very busy on nice days around peak times so go a little early or late.

Elma, New York
“Consistently good quality”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hot dog or hamburger - always great! Other choices - always available and a good selection to choose from. Chicken, steak, greek - also always good. Great choices for extras even bleu cheese slices on your burger. Plenty of seats indoors and out, playground for the kids, same people working there for years tells a lot about the place. Free freezy pop for kids if they eat all of their meal. We've been going there for 27 years now. Love it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MarciaElma_NewYork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Traditional hot dog restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A traditional style hot dog restaurant just like I used to go to after Little League baseball games when I was a kid. The prices are a little high but it's still worth it. Overall good quality food for a decent price you can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Nice treat in the country”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I drove by George's yesterday and thought it was a public park with some kind of shelter and a play ground. A second look and all the cars in the parking lot made me think it was a place to eat. Today I went back for a closer look. Friendly signs guide you to the door, which has a sign explaining how to order. The menu above lists mostly delicious fast food, hamburgers, hot dogs, milk shakes but since I'm trying to make healthier choices, I ordered the Souvlaki open salad which comes with chicken, salad and a grilled pita. I slid my tray down the line and watched as the orders, on metal clips were sent to the cook via zip line. It looked like everyone except me had been here before. I sat outside on an awesome summer day and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The only disappointment was it listed feta cheese and the salad was covered with some kind of dry cheese like Kraft Parmesan, but it was not feta. I pushed most of it off my salad. I'm going back for a hot dog soon.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DTTAMPA

Been to George's Hot Dog Stand? Share your experiences!