“Very Good Food & Great Margaritas”
Review of Hotel Grande

Hotel Grande
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Kind of out of the way, but well worth the trip. Great looking old building (sort of old west styling & once had rooms to rent upstairs) with Adirondack chairs out on the front porch to enjoy in the summer. Inside, a nice separate bar area with great drinks. The dining room is also lovely, and all of the menu items I've tried are very good. However, the salsa needs some spicing-up. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great place for Margaritas and Mexican food. The food is always tasty with generous portions. When the university students are on campus you will need reservations. Try it. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We decided late on a Sunday afternoon to run over and enjoy a stop at one of our local favorites. Since we beat the big table crowd, we enjoyed a few minutes without all the commotion that the place typically has going. After our complimentary basket of tortilla chips were history, we landed our Chicken Taco Salad and Beef Chimi, and then the folks started piling in and the place picked up the din like a hoppin' joint in the city. Great food done in a simple northern Tex-Mex gringo-style, not bland but definitely not spiced up like the real stuff. I usually have to use the Cholula liberally, but the wife loves it the way it comes. Several other hot sauces to choose from as well, and they have some sweet desserts if you save room for them.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and 12 year old were visiting Massena as we live in Tampa. We wanted some good food and Massena has none so I brought them to the Hotel Grande. It had been years since I ate there. The chicken fajitas that I had were good, better than Chiles or Applebees. This is one of the better places to eat North of Syracuse, and that is including Lake Placed or Saranac Lake. I would not recomend Desperados in Lake Placid.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went here with my parents, who rave about this restaurant. There are not many "nice" places to eat in the North Country. My wife is Latina, and the food, in my opinion, was horrible. I guess I am accustomed to authentic hispanic fare, since we live near a major city. The meat was flavorless and without spices. I ordered two tacos, which were covered in so much lettuce and cheese that I couldn't even see them. I also got a Shrimp Chimichanga (3 large shrimp with mozarella on them, without any spices, wrapped in a fried flour tortilla.

I tried my fathers Gringo steak, which was smothered in Teryaki (sp?) sauce, and my mothers chicken fajitas, which had some wierd spice combo on them. My brother got a tostada.

The service was slow.

My recommendations is if you are forced to go, have a few drinks before your food arrives.

3  Thank Jshoen