“Usually good but ...........”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mario's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Niskayuna
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Schenectady, New York
“Usually good but ...........”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Go all the time............till now. Very busy and I know servers need to get people out but it started with a bus person taking my salad while I was eating it to clear room. Pizza was good so was vodka sauce. Special of chicken sausage fra diavalo was uneatable. I like hot food but this was pure red pepper and nothing else. Server never came to check on the table and when everyone else was done she finally returned and I told her noone could eat that she threw it out and no comp of any kind. Won't be going back soon. I know its popular and the food has been good and I have + rated in the past but they will loose business if they don't keep themselves in check.

• Visited February 2014

“Always good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food at Mario's is always good. Wish it was a bit bigger so you didn't have to wait on Friday night!

• Visited December 2013
“Convenient & local”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have frequented this restaurant off and on or the last few years. It is too small and the tables are crowded together. The noise level is always too high. Often times you have to wait for a table but there is really no place to wait and you feel uncomfortable doing so. The portions are excessive and just average standard fare italian food. I must say that the owner and staff our very warm and accommodating and I think that is why we keep trying it.

• Visited October 2013
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We frequent this restaurant with the kids, and the pizza is amazing. Many of the dishes are a favorite!

• Visited December 2013
Niskayuna, New York
“Great place to get great pizza with friends”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Mario's has been a favorite pizza place of mine for many years. The Sicilian 12-cut rectangle pizza is the best value. Often a bunch of coworkers and I will eat here for lunch...order 2 pizzas and it satisfys all (8-10 people).

We usually make reservations ahead of time because the place can get really crowded for lunch (or dinner for that matter). We order the pizza ahead of time and it always arrives at the table piping hot within a few minutes after we are seated. The staff is always friendly.

The place doesn't look like much...pretty standard, but that's not why it's one of the most popular pizza places in Niskayuna. It's the quality of the food, service, price and you always see people you know.

• Visited October 2013