“Avoid at all costs”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On January 29th my husband and I decided to go here for dinner and some gambling. As many have said the food is barely edible. The cafeteria in elementary school is 5 star compared to here. As others have said the staff is rude and obviously does not want to be there. The icing on the cake was when I went to a machine and had the scummiest and drunkest person I have ever encountered accuse me of taking his machine. He got up to find someone and tell them it was not paying. The stench of alcohol was overwhelming, He would not leave me alone. I pressed the button for help and received none. When their joke of a security manager finally showed up he acted like I had done something and told me I was rude. I cashed in my ticket and am never going back. Of course I called and spoke to management and they could care less. I would care since they want to expand. Traditions at the Glen would never have clientele running around like that. They also knew the guy on a first name basis. I was told they had hoped it would never escalate to what it did. What the hell kind of place are they running???? We went to Turning Stone last weekend. At least I get a room and some semi-decent food and we were able to recycle our money all night and have a nice time. I am told the gaming commission would care so maybe I will contact them.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Astro1217

pv
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not going again”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have been here many many times over the years until now. I just found out why we never win anything anymore. Don't quote me. This is what I heard from a persons spouse who works there. This person said this was on the TV news a few weeks ago.This person said the owner of Tioga downs would rather pay a fine of $800,000.00 a year to the gambling commission rather than have the machines pay out the percentage of what they should be paying. When they first opened it was fun and you would win a little something here and there. Not now. Machines are very tight. We will be taking our money to Finger Lakes casino,Turning Stone casino or Salamanca casino. They pay out much better. They are farther away so we won't be going as much but will be taking more money to gamble longer since it will be less frequent. It will be worth the trip.

Visited September 2013
9 Thank jackpot2013
Sayre, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nothing much”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This as a small hole in the wall racino The slots are tight as the get with few larger payouts.
Racing offers small purse races with low end horses that brake a lot you try to bet on which horse won't brake. The players club is pathic you need to average 10k in play per month for
comp invitations to events (owner must feel he runs the Borgata) and most comps go to employees family and friend that are given out. At coasters sports bar the waitress spend more time chatting at the bar together than waiting customers.
Hopefully the state of ny won't waste a southern tier casino license on this place, They should keep it as a racino

Visited July 2013
5 Thank John J
Lockwood, New York, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“fun nights”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

in the miiddle of tiny Tioga county ny there is a small casino! computer tables and slots..well laid out very clean and smoke free is always a plus, we have learned by next year it will be a full casino with tables..the buffet is just great and if you go early bird it is inexpensive..on weekends they have a great spread. i have only been to two shows ther both were well done. a nice surprise in the middle of nowhere!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Doreen B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worst place ever.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place is absolutely miserable. They were rude and condescending. The food was not even close to edible. Avoid at all costs. The people are borderline creepy and it reminded me of chuckie cheese in a horror movie. This place is a SCAM.

Visited September 2013