“Was a great experience!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Budget Inn & Suites at the Falls - Niagara
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Los Angeles
“Was a great experience!!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I went up to Niagara Falls with my friends and stayed at the America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank hotGurl345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
vienna
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Okay, so my family and I and two other families stayed at this hotel when we went to see the Falls (Not the best idea as we later found out). The two main reasons that we booked or rooms here was because it was cheap and also because they let dogs stay there (we had our lab with us). I have stayed at many motels before during vacations and have never had problems like here.

It started when we first got there, which didn't help at all after a 10 hour drive. We had booked three non-smoking rooms more then a month in advance. We arrived to hear from the front desk that they don't even see our reservations. The host rudely said "we don't see it and we don't have any rooms". We showed them our conformation email they had sent us using our laptop (using the wifi that the website states they have). After about 45 minutes of arguing back and forth about who's fault it was, he finally said they will give us rooms. We said ok and then again asked for our three rooms. He again said no that they only had one room, when he said a few seconds back that he will give us all rooms (unless he thought that 14 people could share one room). This time the argument lasted about 15 minutes. He continued to talk to us in an unexplainable manner, then finally said we would have to wait 10 minutes for all three rooms to be cleaned.

The problem started again outside when two of the three keys would not open the doors. We walked back to the office and had to "reset" them. I walked into my non-smoking room to be welcomed by the strong scent of cigarette smell. It being around 11 pm, none of us wanted to go back to the office and complain for another half hour. After about an hour and a half wait outside I rushed in to use the bathroom. Surprised to see a wet counter top and a toilet and a mildew trademarked wall. I could say i was luckier because my aunt went to the bathroom in another room to find out that she could not open the door again when she was inside. We had to run to the office to get the host out of there and pry the door open. I walked back to my room to actually look at where i was sleeping that night. I had to stop next to my bed to let two cockroaches pass (who both looked like they were have a better time then us). I turned on the light to see a puff of dust trying to escape out of this misery. The dust was sadly stopped buy a dark red curtain which happened to magically turn a little lighter when my dog accidentally bumped into it, releasing some more dust into my face.

I would like to inform anyone and everyone that this is not the place you want to go. although the falls was a great place to visit, this "inn" is not where you want to be. I would have been much happier off if at least the customer service was nice. We were treated bad in every way possible. I would not recommend this to anyone no matter what your circumstances are.

• Liked — I was able to use a business card when I had nothing else to write on.
  • Disliked — I did not feel healthy staying there.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ndnboi6

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Binghamton, NY
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Rooms were disgusting, one of the couples we were traveling with found dirty underwear hanging in the bathroom. The beds don't appear to get fresh linens. The toliet rocked off it mounting flange. The floors were filthy apparently the vacuum doesn't work. Prices were changed upon checking in regardless of what your confirmation stated. The room on the confirmation wasn't what you got. If there was a way to give this place negative stars it would show up as an upholstered toliet. DO NOT EVER EVER STAY IN THAT MOTEL!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hog436
Erie, Pa
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have stayed in plenty of cheap little motor inns, and usually what is lacking in amenities or decor is made up for in customer service. Not here.

The reason for the stay was that I was getting married at the Falls on June 14th, so my husband, 2 of our friends, and myself reserved 2 rooms. We had reserved one king sized bed suite with a jacuzzi and one regular room with 2 double beds. What we received when we checked in was a small room with what appeared to be a queen-size bed (though I may be wrong, it could have been a king) and a pullout sofa. The key to the second room didn't work. When my husband went back into the office to have this corrected, it was changed to the correct jacuzzi suite, and the employee had us keep the room with the king bed and sofa bed as the second room, which should have been 2 double beds. Both rooms did not appear to have been properly cleaned before we arrived. The bathroom floor of the suite needed swept (badly), the shower in that room smelled of mildew, the bathtub in the other room was full of soap scum, and there were old, un-disposed-of beverages in the fridges in both rooms. The rooms and property were mostly all right structurally, but the walls around the jacuzzi were badly painted and grouted and some of the tiles appeared to be peeling.

We had several problems in dealing with the management/employees of the property. For one, the sofa bed had no sheets, and it took 3 separate trips to the office to obtain a clean, full set of sheets. Also, there were no ashtrays in the (smoking) room, and we needed to go to the office and get them. (As a matter of fact, at no time during the stay did the employees bring anything to us. We had to walk to the office, which was a bit inconvenient due to the fact that we were preparing for a wedding and I am 7 months pregnant.) The morning of the 14th, my stepsisters arrived to do our hair before the wedding. Because there was so much activity in the rooms at this time, we asked the housekeeper if it would be possible to have our rooms cleaned at a later time. She assured us that it would not be a problem and that our rooms would be cleaned around 3pm. When we returned from the wedding at 9pm the rooms had not been cleaned. My friend went to the office and again requested that the rooms be cleaned (and to get toilet paper, which we were out of). She was told that there was only one employee on the property at the time and that when the other employee returned from picking up laundry that our rooms would be cleaned. We left at that time and returned again at 1am. The rooms still had not been touched. The sheets and towels had not been changed (and both needed to be); the garbage cans were full, etc. At this time, my husband went to the office to see if there was anything to be done. He rang the bell for service and it was answered by a man who we assumed was the owner. This man, when learning that our rooms hadn't been cleaned said "So? The lady said they were okay." We have no idea what he was talking about. He also rudely told my husband that we are not to ring the bell at such a late hour. We were not informed of such a "policy" and though there was a "no vacancy" sign taped to the door, the "open" light was on. This employee’s solution to the problem was to hand us some towels, a set of sheets, and a handful of garbage bags, and tells us we could leave the full bags outside the door. At no point during our stay did any of us hear an apology for the many, many problems we had.

Also, I didn't see an ice machine and the only vending machine was broken. There was a sign stating that drinks were available in the office (which, by the way, smelled so bad I couldn't stay in there), and that consisted on $1 bottles of warm water. The pool wasn't open (I hope. It certainly didn't look like anything anyone would want to swim in or walk near.)

I did email corporate about all of this and receive a form-letter response basically stating that they are sorry but because the hotel is a franchise there is nothing that anyone can do.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the attitude of the employees and the complete lack of customer service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank winkibat
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2007

My son and I spent the American Thanksgiving in the States and stayed at the America's Best Value Inn. They tried to charge us $10 more then the 79.99 that we had been quoted. I noticed this change and got it corrected. They gave us a room with one King size bed in error and that had to be corrected. We were meeting my Brother and his wife at this hotel so we couldn't switch hotels, otherwise at this point I would have looked for another hotel. It also was a very busy weekend and I wasn't sure another two rooms could be found very easily. When we entered our room it was dirty. The carpet wasn't vaccumed, there was crumbs and mess on the table in the room, the sink in the bathroom was cracked and the tap had dirt on it. The tub had a big hole in it. The phone was dirty, The smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling. There was dirt on the pillowcases. I went out to a store bought some cleaning supplies and cleaned the room. We got new pillowcases from a women who claimed to be the maid. I told her about the room and she said that she would make sure to clean it the next day while we were shopping. We asked for a wake up call at 5:00 a.m. so we could get to the stores for the door crasher sales. We woke up at 6:30. They hadn't called us. I informed the desk. When we arrived back after shopping the room had not been cleaned. The beds weren't made and there were no clean towels. When we asked for clean towels the maid came to the room and told us off. When I asked why the room hadn't been cleaned as promised she said that she couldn't clean the room because our suitcases were on the floor. I then informed her that we had taken our suitcases in the car with us (I was worried that they wouldn't be safe). When checking out I spoke to the manager about the troubles we had had. He said nothing could be done. The people behind us in line also told him that their room had not been cleaned. Beware!!! of staying here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Colandy
Alameda, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I like to travel and stay in inexpensive motels since I don't spend much time there except to sleep. So I am used to economy lodging.
I have never written a motel review- and I have stayed at some bottom of the barrel motels- but this one was the worst.
Several days before our arrival, I called to confim my reservation and the manager- Sam- did not have record of it. I called the America Best Value Inn corporate offices twice-- they told me they would follow up and call me back but never did. I then both emailed and faxed my reservation to Sam. The next day I called to confirm he had received my reservation and he did and confirmed it.
When I arrived at the motel, Sam told me he had no record of my reservation. I showed him the confimation and reminded him that I confirmed and faxed the reservation days before. He still refused to honor my reservation.(I had travelled for 10 hours from the west coast woke up at 2:30 am to catch an early flight-and had no patience for this). The person before me claimed he was overcharged and other guests were disgruntled. I knew that Sam did not want to honor my reservation because I booked it several months ago at a low rate. I told Sam that Americas Best Value Inn told me he would have to pay to put me up in another motel if he did not have a room for me. Then, miraculously, he found a room. I reserved a nonsmoking room and he gave me a smoking room. I had called and asked for a coffeemaker a week before and he told me I could have one. Then at the motel, he refused to give me one.
The microwave in the room did not work. My boyfriend carried it back to the "reception" area and Sam told me he would get me one tomorrow. I said no I need one now....back and forth...and I finally got one.
The room was dirty. My towel had several large orange stains on them-- actually I think it had not been washed-- it was food or something. The fridge and microwave were filty. The towels had holes in them. My bed had a huge sag in the middle.
We asked for ice and Sam stuck his hand in a bag of ice and then put it in our bucket-- needless to say we had no ice the whole weekend.
After a day out -- literally gone 12 hours-- we came back to our room to find the door open-- the maid did not securely close it.
I would not stay here again. And I would not stay at an America Best Value Inn again. This is the second one we have stayed at (the first was in Lancaster, PA) and they were both very bad experiences.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — see review
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2006

This place was the worst place I have ever stayed at (I have traveled throughout the continental U.S.). This hotel was musty, the bed mattress was old and worn out, the mini refrigerator was moldy, the staff did not clean the room or give you a change of towels at all. The ice machine was in a room with gas cans and lawn equipment. The continental breakfast (coffee, tea, Tang, Oreo cookies and one mini mini muffin) was in the office with 2 chairs and small counter top for use for the whole hotel. This place was disgusting !!!

• Stayed August 2004